Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

De-chrome

9K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  aipat5150 
#1 · (Edited)
hey everyone, i just got my first Durango a few weeks ago. i wanted an all black but wasn't lucky enough to find one with everything i wanted and the color i wanted, so i ended up getting a granite gray one, with chrome outer trim. im not crazy about the chrome, i was thinking about dipping all the chrome including the badges black. i just dont know how its going to look on the gray.

If any one else has done this to a gray or similar color i would like to see it if like it. i would appreciate the help and any suggestions.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
yea its all plasti dipped.

the factory paint job is kinda s***ty too and ive been doing so research and ive been thinking about doing the whole car plasti dipp. just trying to talk the wife in to it. i was original thinking about doing a vynal wrap on it but it would be more expensive and time consuming over plasti dipp

#11 ·
Is it one big sticker or individual letters?

I pulled the one off my car last sunday. Mine was letters and they peeled off must by scratching at them with a fingernail. A little googone took off the leftover adhesive. Polish up with a little wax and you can't tell it was ever there.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.