Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Defrost only vacuum line help

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Rudedog 
#1 ·
Storyline: I replaced the spark plug wires amongst other things and found that I was only able to run air through the defrost vents. I understand that it's a common problem snapping that vacuum line and that the blend door defaults to the defrost setting. I'm trying to replace the line which snapped nearly flush with the firewall (engine compartment side). However, it appears that where the line penetrates the firewall, that it actually travels through a clamp or something. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to replace it and I'm having no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
WOW I have the exact same problem. How does reaming it out solve this problem. My issue is I can't seem to find this hose under the dash. I'm willing to run a whole new line from inside the engine compartment. But can't seem to figure out where to hook it up. Also if I can't figure it out. Is it possible to ziptie the HVAC door to just blow to vent?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.