Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

bugflector

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SilverSurfer69 
#1 ·
So, I had a bugflector on my Xterra before I purchased my 2012 Durango. I liked it so i bought a new one for the Durango. I got it in the mail, and noticed that it needed to be screwed into the hood instead of using the 3M foam tape, which is fine, i figured thatd make it more sturdy. I put it on as directed and the hood will catch on the latch, but the whole hood will not close fully with it on. I took off the 4 rubber bumpers on the car that the hood sits on when closed, and I ended up having to take off the rubber seal on the underside of the hood for it to fully latch. I called the company and they said I might have to move the latch and I wanted to get opinions on here before I did so and wanted to ask if it was doable in the first place. Ive only had the Durango 3 weeks and I hate to screw something up and lose the integrity of the vehicle, like moving the latch or not having the rubber hood seal(obviously its there for a reason). Has anyone else bought one of these and installed it successfully on the new Durangos? Or any ideas of what I can do? Any help would be great! thanks!

#3 ·
ok cool thanks for the reply!! UM..how does one raise the latch? I have looked online and I cant find anything about doing it. My next step is to take it to the dealership and I'd like to try and skip that step if possible and just do it here at home lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.