Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Durango Problems

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  CaptCuz 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I am looking to purchase a 2015 or 2016 dodge durango and was wondering what the reliability of dodges are. Mom of 2 who sold her 2001 camaro SS and bought a Honda CRV. I just sold the CRV for something a bit bigger. Was going to buy a Toyota Highlander but really like LOVE the look of the durango. As much as I want the V8 or the new soon to come out SRT, i am just gonna go with the V6 (need to save on gas). but back to the reliability...honda's and toyota's will last forever, my question is...will the durango? Do they have alot of problems so far? My mom has one like 12 years ago and it had nothing but problems. I dont want to buy a problematic car. Thought maybe you guys could help. thanks so much!:4-dontknow:

#2 ·
Hi, I had a 2004 2nd generation durango with a hemi. The only problem I had was a freon leak in the a/c. Then an 2008 Aspen which had a hemi and had no problems. A 2012 Durango Citadel that the water pump went at 78000 miles. Previous to this line of dodges I had a Tahoe witch I liked a lot but cost me $2000 a year in repairs overall. The 2012 averaged 19.5 miles a gallon commuting in heavy traffic. The hemi is great and I tow our camper with it. The new 6 cylinder penastar engine is getting great reviews.So check that out if you are concerned about gas mileage, it's 300 hp. Good luck.

#5 ·
I'm also looking at a 2016 Durango SXT Rallye. Been driving the 2018 SRT for about a week now from Enterprise (my V8 X5 is totaled). Love the driving, features, looks, everything about it - just not the gas. Commuting about 20kms-30kms per day, it's using 1/4 of tank. It's insane. Opting for the V6 instead.

How's reliability? I'm a DIY guy (if I did the Bimmer, I can do this too!). Haven't test drove the V6 yet, this weekend thou.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.