Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

2002 4.7 oil disappearing

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  robothive 
#1 ·
Hello all. I am in need of some help. I have a 2002 Durango sport with the 4.7 I picked up used a couple of months ago. it has around 125,000 miles on it. I had oil pressure problems off the bat. I brought it back and they said they changed the oil pump. I waited and got it back after about a week. A month later no oil pressure. I opened up the motor to address the issue and it was completely clogged with sludge. It was horrible. That's when I discovered they in fact did not change the oil pump. I pulled the motor and cleaned it changed the rings and all the bearings as well as all of the timing components and oil pump being everything was burnt or caked over. There was no visible damage to the cylinders or the pistons. Put everything back together and it started first crank. She has been running great with the exception of low oil pressure again.

Here is my current issue. Loss of oil. I do not have oil on the outside of the motor. No oil on the ground. No smoke that is visible. After the first oil change I realized the oil was low. I inspected the oil in the pan for signs of anything. everything looked good. With fresh oil and filter a thousand miles later no oil pressure and no oil on the dipstick. I am at a loss and I would be thankful for any help. I was thinking of getting a new motor but my gut is telling me its a valve problem. Thanks in advance for any advice

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.