Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

2017 Dodge Durango RT 5.7 engine failure

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kevinmthomas76 
#1 ·
With 2,700 miles on my new Dodge Durango, i was in park in a lot idling, the engine started to tick and then miss badly. Had to have it towed to the dealer by Chrysler. They said it had a mechanical head failure (valve stuck), it bent and broke 2 push rods on #5, but said the valve didn't hit the piston. The replaced the head, 2 push rods, and all of the lifters on the driver's side bank. I saw the valve and didn't notice any obvious damage, but now it runs sluggish. Waiting for the dealer to advise on the problem and resolution.

#3 ·
With 2,700 miles on my new Dodge Durango, i was in park in a lot idling, the engine started to tick and then miss badly. Had to have it towed to the dealer by Chrysler. They said it had a mechanical head failure (valve stuck), it bent and broke 2 push rods on #5, but said the valve didn't hit the piston. The replaced the head, 2 push rods, and all of the lifters on the driver's side bank. I saw the valve and didn't notice any obvious damage, but now it runs sluggish. Waiting for the dealer to advise on the problem and resolution.
I just bought the 22 Durango DT plus with tow and go and melted the engine and coolant system in a record 282 miles. 40 days later just got it back today so I feel your pain! It’s unreal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.