Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Removing Rear Rotors

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TopBanana 
#1 ·
Hi folks,
I need to remove the rear rotors on my wife's 2014 Cidadel. I believe that they will not come off due to the parking drum needing to be loosen up. On the last Chrysler product I had, there was a rubber grommet on the back side of the hub that when removed, there was a small gear shaped wheel that you spun (with a screw driver) that loosen or tightened the brake drum.

How do I do it on the Durango? There was a rubber grommet, but I don't believe that there was a similar adjustment back there. (I could have missed something). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

#2 ·
I know this thread is WAY old, but I went through this last night. I did not need to loosen the parking brake adjuster star wheel. Apparently the key is the thin rubber o-ring that sits in a groove on the hub. Pull that, squirt some Kroil in the base of each stud and around the hub/rotor joint, let it sit, then start beating. I also stuck a pry bar in the rotor vents and tapped on it to help move the rotor out evenly once it broke loose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.