Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Dippin Badges

10K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  13DurangoRT 
#1 ·
Dipped the R/T badge on the back of the D today. looks pretty good for my first time trying it. The Plasti-Dip definitely sprays better when the stuff is warm. It was only about 45 degrees here today so i kept the can inside until I wanted to spray and then brought it out.

I will try to do the other 2 on the back tomorrow and post a full rear shot before and after.

See less See more
#3 ·
I masked a rectangle around it and sprayed it on the vehicle. Needed to use really light coats. It took 5 coats to get it where i felt it was good.

I did not get the others done today. Maybe next weekend.

I did record some audio. Need to figure out how to past that.

#6 ·
Peeling the excess off is very easy. The edges of the emblem are covered a little less than i would like but that is not obvious to the casual observer. Took it through a high pressure wash the other day and there is no change to the finish. Pretty happy with the results so far.

#10 ·
From what I saw, it's on there with two "L" hooks that go inwards. I was trying to take it off with no success. I'm worried about breaking the honeycomb.

#20 ·
The badges are different. The '11s have the 1970s style Dodge badge on the grill. The '12+ have the Dodge with the two hashmarks on the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.