Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Intune vs Warranty

8K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jkelly16 
#1 ·
i just picked up a used '11 Citadel with only 35K on it and so it qualified for chryslers lifetime warranty..... so i bought it! after replacing the hemi in my '06 XK for $4K, i figured a lifetime on the citadel for only $3K was a no brainer. so my question is, i have always used a diablo sport tuner on my last couple vehicles, now i would assume that a tune would void any drivetrain related warranty issue, but i have always just returned the stock tune if i ever had any work done to my vehicle. do you think there is any way for chrysler to know that a tune had been there and replaced? maybe it leaves some kind of trace? i always leave the tuner in my glove box so that i can return the stock tune in the event of being towed to a dealer, and as long as the ECM isn't fried, i should always be able to return the stock tune. my only fear is that in an event of warranty work, the dealer calls me and says that they can see i had messed with the tune. any thoughts?? experiences???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.