Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Catch Can for the 5.7 HEMI

29K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  drwallie 
#1 ·
I have a question: How many of you guys with the HEMI has installed a catch can yet? Was wondering cause as I was looking at the R/T yesterday, I was trying to fig out whether to mount it the same way I have it mounted on my SRT8 and my roommate has it mounted on his Charger R/T (both '08 and '11) or use a Z bracket like I had to for my Ram 1500. I do know that the engine cover on the Durango is the same as the one on the Charger R/T, all years.

For those of you that have not installed one yet... you might want to consider doing so. The catch can collects oil from the PCV valve bypass tube that goes into the intake manifold. It's worth the investment in my opinion.

#32 ·
So I was all ready to install a catch can in my new R/T after I had my first oil change and tire rotation. Asked the SA if he new much about them. He never heard of them. Asked the Dodge Tech. He never heard of them. Guess I won't be getting one if no one here knows what they are. :4-dontknow:

#33 ·
would the oil catch can void the warranty? have my car at the dealership right now for blue puffs of smoke at start up.said that my K&N air filter loaded the air box with oil causing the problem.told them there is not enough oil on the filter to do that.found out that there is a star case # 141800028 involves the intake manifold and the PCV valve.any body with smoke issues?found this problem on anotherr dodge durango site

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.