Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Window regulator ...... need help

7K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jew8192 
#1 ·
So my front drivers side window fell in the door. Pulled the regulator, fixed the split wire holder and secured the snapped wire guide in place. Reassembled but now the cable seems to be off balanced. One side is very tight while the other so loose the cable comes off the wheel guide.

Is there a way to balance this out by taking off the motor or getting into the wire guide assembly??? Its the only thing I can think of. Nothing is technically broken.....thanks in advance..

#4 ·
Window

Just some thoughts, the driver side door controls run through a controller - a computer that is not scan-able located up front under the hood. It controls a lot: the door locks, window lifters, window lock on and off, remote lock/unlock, multiple function mirror controller, the 16 second safety lock, etc.

The video by Eric the car guy that is on Youtube is good, I replaced my window motor,the entire replacement includes all the wiring and hardware to the window arm control panel - for 65 bucks from a local auto parts store. but the only way I could The realign of wires wasn't an issue and should be. The tracks may be misaligned and causing you the issue - (the up and down lifter should be easy - it's a drop into the slot - look at the trace marks as the vertical lift leaves a little rust). But The rear and front alignment sliders - are difficult because Dodge encased that panel like Fort Knox. A 6" metal hole saw was great and did no harm, I think. Another way - take off the riders side panel and do mirror image! Warning on wiring though -
the wiring diagram shows a controller up front that won't allow cut and paste replacement from one side to the other. The drivers side controls talk to that controller - you can't switch parts from other windows or even other year or some other models - it will short the entire system as another model may have different features...check (Haynes) wiring diagram. Just some thoughts. Good luck.

#6 ·
Just some thoughts, the driver side door controls run through a controller - a computer that is not scan-able located up front under the hood. It controls a lot: the door locks, window lifters, window lock on and off, remote lock/unlock, multiple function mirror controller, the 16 second safety lock, etc.

The video by Eric the car guy that is on Youtube is good, I replaced my window motor,the entire replacement includes all the wiring and hardware to the window arm control panel - for 65 bucks from a local auto parts store. but the only way I could The realign of wires wasn't an issue and should be. The tracks may be misaligned and causing you the issue - (the up and down lifter should be easy - it's a drop into the slot - look at the trace marks as the vertical lift leaves a little rust). But The rear and front alignment sliders - are difficult because Dodge encased that panel like Fort Knox. A 6" metal hole saw was great and did no harm, I think. Another way - take off the riders side panel and do mirror image! Warning on wiring though -
the wiring diagram shows a controller up front that won't allow cut and paste replacement from one side to the other. The drivers side controls talk to that controller - you can't switch parts from other windows or even other year or some other models - it will short the entire system as another model may have different features...check (Haynes) wiring diagram. Just some thoughts. Good luck.
Thanks for the common sense ; i.e. "look at the passenger door." Duhh to me:smileup:

#5 ·
I recently replaced the driver's window regulator on my 2000 R/T. It took less than an hour and cost less than $100 for the regulator and a new motor. Why would you bother with JB Weld in stead of fixing it right?

#7 ·
I have this 1998 Durango since new, I do have much as it makes mad but I like it.My Durango keep breaking regulators. Their a fix beside new regulator. Is it dragging on the window weather Stripping has any one replaced the window weather stripping and found out this resolved. I could really use some help.

James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.