Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Problems with Fuel Door on 2017 R/T

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Mikus36 
#1 ·
After about 2500 miles my fuel door quit opening even if I pulled the emergency pull strap in the trunk. I had to pry the door open with a plastic tool. I had the spring replaced by the dealer but it is still sticking. I sprayed the snot out of it with WD-40 and it is working temporarily. Anybody else having this problem. I met one guy with a Citadel that had a similar problem. Seems like the release spring is under designed.
I should had that the release works every time but the spring is not strong enough to push the door open.

#3 ·
There is a manual release under the bin in the left rear corner. Probably better than prying. There is a you tube vid on removing the unit to re-attach the spring when the door becomes wobbly. I had the same problem on my first fill across from the dealer - went back and we got it working - no problems since - But is has only been 3 days since I picked it up - Only 4 -5 fill ups

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.