Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

2015 Durango R/T OEM Molded Splash Guards

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  TopBanana 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if these are available? My dealer says that they don/t make them for the R/T since the bottom of the wheel well is supposedly shaped differently, but I see no difference compared to other non R/T's

I'm getting tired of scrubbing the $#!T off my rockers and I know these will help.

Thoughts?

#3 · (Edited)
So I answered my own question. The factory does NOT list splash guards for an R/T. But the ones for the Citidel trim are a 95%+ perfect fit. I say 95% because there's a small gap between the bottom, inside mounting edge of the front splash guard and the inside most edge of the rocker...the profile is slightly different. I just cut a small piece of rubber fuel line to fill the gap, the installed as normal. We also took used better hardware to mount them as the majority of the factory stuff is literally screws into plastic...a recipe for disaster IMHO. We drilled the front and bottom of the rockers and through bolted. MUCH better connection.

The first 2 weeks with them no have made a HUGE difference. My rockers and door bottoms are no longer covered with black $#!t, and I didn't have to scrub them for an hour alone today when washing it this weekend. There was 1/10th of the usual dirt.

Wish I had done these on day one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.