Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

is new heater core the problem?

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  RSQCali 
#1 ·
Hello, new to this forum, i"m a retired aircraft mechanic, working on rebuilding my 99 Durango w/ 5.2l, 4x4. so i can tow my 86 Wellcraft V20 (which i am rebuilding from scratch also) . SADLY this truck was poorly taken care of and rust has pretty much taken over some of the noncritical parts of the body. (running board, fenders, rear compartment underbody area). PURCHASE WITH A/C AND HEATER INOP.
So far i have replace the entire heating system, (hoses,pump,t-stat,radiator, NEW HEATER CORE IS BIGGER THEN FACTORY ORIGINAL) and flush A/C lines and replaced seals, replaced both expansion valves (rear A/C). LOW SIDE : 30 PSI, HI: 150. OUTSIDE AIR TEMP 82. DEG (FLORIDA) numbers within factory specs. INSIDE AIR TEMP 70.DEG.
QUESTION: Is this a sign of a tired compressor?
QUESTION : I WASN'T GETTING AIR OUT OF VENTS ONLY ON FLOOR AND DEFROST. i check for vacuum leaks and check valve operation. I found a vacuum leak at manifold line near firewall. checking vacuum from selector switch all was fine, With switch to MAX AC, the panel/defrost mode door is slow to operate, at first, but slowly opens to full position, blend door is set to cold position, recir. door is open to cabin, floor/defrost door is close. when i look inside panel /defrost mode door area, i see the heater core, which is running hot coolant inside it all the time. but no air thru the fins because of the blend door. Is the larger heater core causing the higher air temp because more of it is exposed? pictures enclosed.
any help appreciated. THANKS AGAIN FOR LETTING ME IN YOUR GROUP.
jetblue ps. i posted this in the newbie section , i think this is where i needed it to be

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.