Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

98 Durango Running/Marker Lights Not Working! Stumped!

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jkelly16 
#1 ·
Hi all, kind've crappy for my first post here but I'm out of ideas to try. I bought a 98 Dodge Durango 5.2L this week from it's original owner, and was told the low beam headlights(high beam worked if you held the stalk on), taillights and gauge lights went out when he was driving home one night. He replaced the headlight switch, which did nothing. Well I took the switch out and he had forced the plug onto it, bending one of the blades and not connecting where it was supposed to. After I fixed that the headlights, low and high work again, and I found fuse #14 15amp was blown, I changed that and the gauge lights work again. But I still have no marker lights up front or tailights in the back. The turn signals, brake lights, 4-ways, and high/low beams work. I replaced the column multi-switch hoping that was the issue, no change, although some of the wires look like they've gotten warm, just like the wires on the light switch on the dash. Anyone have any ideas what the hell could be the issue with this thing? other than the marker lights not working, the truck is great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.