Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

99 Passenger Airbag Issue

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Grampybox 
#1 ·
OK I am not sure if the Mods will consider this electrical or not, but it does involve a disconnected electrical component.

"99 Durango passenger Airbag removal"

I used the above first as search criteria, and came up with nothing. :mad:
Here's my story, and then the question.
I recently bought a 99 from an Ol' Boy who informed me his brother-in-law replaced the heater core. At least he didn't chop a hole in the plenum, but he neglect to reconnect the passenger airbag. As you can guess I am getting the Airbag light on the dash, and a SRS4 code (passenger airbag circuit open) came up when I had the car scanned for a C.E.L. which is another issue that will be addressed later. I dropped the glove compartment down to see what I could see, and found a wire (2 on 1 connector) not connected. Whooo Hooo! I found the "open Circuit"! (uh Maybe) I felt around as much as I could, only to not feel anything the connector might plug into. :sad:
Now the question;
Besides taking a saws all and cutting a big hole in the dash, What procedures do I need to do in order to get to where I can physically look and see if the airbag is indeed disconnected?
You Tube is no help, I've been there. Checked another Durango forum via Google search, and didn't really find what I was looking for.
So if ANYBODY has a genuine 1999 Dodge Durango Dealer type Service Manual, (No Chiltons, Haynes, or other generic cover 50 vehicles in 100 pages or less book), or experience dealing with an issue similar, and will be willing to help a fellow Durango Driver/Owner out, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Arlie

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.