Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

2001 Durango SLT+ with Infinity Audio System

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  sporta 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I have spent most of the day digging through the forums but still have a question regarding the Infinity System in my '01 Durango. I plan on replacing the factory AM/FM CD Cassette player with a JVC KD-SR82BT head unit and I want to keep the Infinity system as much as possible. Here are my questions:

1. I picked up a spare just in case factory head unit from pick-n-pull (before getting the JVC head unit) during half price days...on the back is a white 2 pin connector that I have no clue on what it is for...

Rear of spare donor radio 1st picture need to know what the white 2 pin connector is for

2. What adapter is needed from the head unit to the factory wiring to keep the Infinity amp happy. Both Amazon and Crutchfield have different parts listed from Metra 70-1818 from Amazon and 70-1817 from Crutchfield...anyone have experience installing a head unit and keeping the amp going ?

Amazon adapter and Crutchfield adapters, which one will actually keep the Infinity Amp happy?

3. To keep the steering column controls, I was told by Fry's electronics that I needed the Axxess ASWC-1 adapter...anyone use one with any success? or does someone have a better suggestion?

Crutchfield steering wheel control adapter from Axxess

Trying to keep the cost reasonable and doing the work myself I found a site to get the speaker repair kits (Infinity 4 Pack, 6.5" Foam Speaker Repair Kit FSK-6.5-4 (4 PACK))...I will be ordering these as soon as possible (if anyone wants to see the kits: http://www.simplyspeakers.com/infinity-speaker-foam-edge-repair-kit-fsk-6.5-4.html )

I have attached pictures so everyone can see what I am talking about....thanks in advance for any expert advice :smiley_thumbs_up:

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.