Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Frustrated with my Durango!

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Disgusted with sensors 
#1 ·
I just bought a nice looking 98 Durango SLT with a 5.2, knowing it was'nt getting fire. I got it home and 1st thing I replaced the crankshaft positioning sensor, and low and behold it started up and sounded super. After the 2nd day of going over it with a fine tooth comb, water pump was leaking, so to give myself plenty of room for replacing water pump, I removed the battery which was gooing to get replaced anyway. I then removed radiator. After replacing water pump I had crank and no start, no fire again. Replaced ignition coil, ignition module/camshaft positioning sensor. What I noticed before I started anything was that the fuel pump would cycle, even though the fuel gauge would'nt register until I replaced the crank sensor, then fuel gauge was registering 1/2 tank. Now no fuel pump cycle nor fuel gauge again. Does anyonoe have any ideas? I even tested the ecm/pcm from the black plug to see if power was going to the computor, it is getting power to. Somebody please help me to get this thing up and running so I can get my daughter and grand daughters off my back.:box2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.