Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

2012 Durango Headrest DVD Monitors

50K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  blue659 
#1 · (Edited)
The Lockpick V.4 does work in the 2012 Durango, but you need to set it to high speed. Also, the headrests are Active Restraints, wich means they are tied to SRS system and if you remove them, the airbag light will remain on. I have a workaround for this and it works fine. I have done this in my 2012 R/T and works perfect. The fix is below but first read this:

YOU WILL BE DISABLING THE ACTIVE HEADREST RESTRAINT, PLEASE DO SOME RESEARCH ON THIS AND UNDERSTAND THE LIABILITY AND/OR CONSEQUENCES OF THIS MOD BEFORE YOU DO IT.

Now for the Mod.

You will need the following parts:

2- 2.2 Kohms 1/2 watt resistors (preferably flameproof)
2- 1amp Pico fuse

You will use one resistor and 1 fuse for each headrest.

once you remove the back of the seat, you will see a wire with an orange connector coming down one of the headrest tubes, unplug this wire and remove the headrest ( you will need to push in the release with your fingers on one side and insert a paper clip in the small hole in the other side simultaneously).

Now the next step you can do two things:

1. Cut the plug off the wire on the headrest about half way up (so that you can resplice it back on later if you sell the vehicle)

1a. solder 1 resistor and 1 fuse together in series and then heatshring them leaving about 3/8 inch of leads exposed on either side. Solder each end to each of the wires on the plug you cut off from the headrest. Heatshrink again over the resistors and the exposed wires.

1c. Now reconnect the plug with the Resistor and Fuse to the vehicle harness that you removed it from.

1d. Repeat procedure for the other side.

1e. Enjoy your new headrest DVD and no airbag light

Method 2 (this is the one I used)

Instead of cutting the plug off the headrest (I did not want to do this since it is a leased vehicle)

I soldered the resistor and fuse, heatshrunk them as in method one and then inserted each end into the back of the vehicle side connector. This was a PITA as the sweet spot to get it in there is very small, but after a few tries, I got it in there.

Unfortunately my camera crapped out and I do not have pics. If I open my seats again I will take pics and upload them. If you have questions PM me.

Hope this helps

See less See more
#3 ·
We just bought a 2011 durango with aftermarket DVD headrests installed. Does anyone know if this disable's all airbags?? or just the obvious ones that no longer exist in headrest? Basically, I am wondering with the light on if all airbags are disabled or just the ones causing light to be on. Thank in advance for the info!

#5 · (Edited)
Headrest DVD/Lockpick/Backseat TV MOD - Part 1

Dual headrest DVD, Backseat TV and
MyGig Lockpick CHR550 installation.

I have 2012 Dodge Durango Citadel with all the toys except the stock rear Display. My Durango has the 730n RHR. I can play DVD on the radio screen but only while park. I wasted weeks researching and buying part from Mopar hoping that I could install the stock rear display. I recently saw a forum post were I person was able to do this to a 2011 dodge van. As any 3rd Gen Durango owner is aware, the service manual is not yet available online. You can get the partial service manual from alldatadiy.com but as I found out after I made the purchased, that the service manual available does not have any of the electrical wiring system listed. It has plenty of useful information like the removal of the headrest, which later came in handy during this mod, but the very important diagrams like the radio wiring color codes and harness part numbers are not available.

I contacted the Mopar store and was given 3 part numbers. The headphone, remote and rear display. At the time I thought that the rear display was going to include all the necessary parts. After spending approx. $700.00 I discovered that the display was just that, a display. I did not come with the bezel or plastic cover that wraps around the display and the rear climate control unit. I also discovered that the all important harness was not included. I once again contacted the Mopar guys and after a long description I ordered what I thought will be the cover or bezel for the DVD display. I also tried to get the harness from them but was told that they could not find a part number for it. They even used a VIN number from a Durango that had the complete VES system from factory and could not find the part number for the harness. I proceeded to order the bezel, hoping that I could find the harness part at my local dealership. I contacted 7 area dealerships, three of them told me that they could not find it and the rest told me that they did not make it for my car. How ridiculous is that? A week later I received the bezel but it was the wrong one. The Mopar guy sold me the same bezel that came with my Durango. The one that cover the two knob rear climate control. Let’s not forget that I paid over $60.00 dollar shipping for the first order and $16.00 shipping for the wrong bezel. After about a week or researched I found a part number for a harness that I believe was going to work but was told by another Mopar store that I would not be able to return it because it was an electrical part. The harness was going to be $180. Just for the fact that I haven’t found the correct display cover I decided to give up on my quest to keep my Durango stock.

I decided to return all the parts that I got from Mopar and go with aftermarket system. I went to two separate radio installation shops in my area. The first one was going to charge $50 dollars an hour and the second $80 to install an overhead DVD. They both said that it could take up to 6 hrs to do the install. The DVD was also listed at around $1200 and that was for the 10” model. I’ve done installations to other vehicles so I decided to do the installation myself. After another week or researched I located the parts that I need it for my mod.
The one thing that I don’t like about the new cars is the active restrain headrest. Due to this innovation in technology, installing DVD inside the headrest was not an option. I once saw a post about a behind the headrest system so I decided to look them up. When I saw the post I thought that they were bulky, but now that my system is up and running I really like them.

Part #1

Dual behind the headrest DVD.

The online stores have two dual DVD kits. One from Rosen and the other from Advent/Audiovox.

Rosen $1299.00
Advent $1319.00

I decided to go with the Advent system because IMO they looked better. After an extended 3 yrs warranty, game package (game Controls and Control module) and shipping. The grand total was $1459.92

Part # 2

Mygig Lockpick system CHR550 - $349.00

I got my lockpick CHR550 from coastaletech but I found it cheaper on another forum. - $259.00

If you are not a member, register and search for the following post​

Lockpick CHR550 Group Buy

Part # 3

Sirius Backseat TV system.

I don’t know why the price change so much, but when I got mine from Amazon a week ago it was $24.99 with free shipping. That’s right $24.99. It is now listed for $42.99. The same item was listed at over $240.00 dollars at one my favorite stores, newegg.com. I believe it was listed at Sirius at around $80.00.

Total part thus far, over $1800.00. Now, you can imagine why I decided to do the installation myself. An additional $300 to $500 for installation was out of the question.
Ok, let’s get started.

#18 ·
Advent - Dual rearseat monitors

Dual headrest DVD, Backseat TV and

MyGig Lockpick CHR550 installation.

I have 2012 Dodge Durango Citadel with all the toys except the stock rear Display. My Durango has the 730n RHR. I can play DVD on the radio screen but only while park. I wasted weeks researching and buying part from Mopar hoping that I could install the stock rear display. I recently saw a forum post were I person was able to do this to a 2011 dodge van. As any 3rd Gen Durango owner is aware, the service manual is not yet available online. You can get the partial service manual from alldatadiy.com but as I found out after I made the purchased, that the service manual available does not have any of the electrical wiring system listed. It has plenty of useful information like the removal of the headrest, which later came in handy during this mod, but the very important diagrams like the radio wiring color codes and harness part numbers are not available.

I contacted the Mopar store and was given 3 part numbers. The headphone, remote and rear display. At the time I thought that the rear display was going to include all the necessary parts. After spending approx. $700.00 I discovered that the display was just that, a display. I did not come with the bezel or plastic cover that wraps around the display and the rear climate control unit. I also discovered that the all important harness was not included. I once again contacted the Mopar guys and after a long description I ordered what I thought will be the cover or bezel for the DVD display. I also tried to get the harness from them but was told that they could not find a part number for it. They even used a VIN number from a Durango that had the complete VES system from factory and could not find the part number for the harness. I proceeded to order the bezel, hoping that I could find the harness part at my local dealership. I contacted 7 area dealerships, three of them told me that they could not find it and the rest told me that they did not make it for my car. How ridiculous is that? A week later I received the bezel but it was the wrong one. The Mopar guy sold me the same bezel that came with my Durango. The one that cover the two knob rear climate control. Let’s not forget that I paid over $60.00 dollar shipping for the first order and $16.00 shipping for the wrong bezel. After about a week or researched I found a part number for a harness that I believe was going to work but was told by another Mopar store that I would not be able to return it because it was an electrical part. The harness was going to be $180. Just for the fact that I haven’t found the correct display cover I decided to give up on my quest to keep my Durango stock.

I decided to return all the parts that I got from Mopar and go with aftermarket system. I went to two separate radio installation shops in my area. The first one was going to charge $50 dollars an hour and the second $80 to install an overhead DVD. They both said that it could take up to 6 hrs to do the install. The DVD was also listed at around $1200 and that was for the 10” model. I’ve done installations to other vehicles so I decided to do the installation myself. After another week or researched I located the parts that I need it for my mod.
The one thing that I don’t like about the new cars is the active restrain headrest. Due to this innovation in technology, installing DVD inside the headrest was not an option. I once saw a post about a behind the headrest system so I decided to look them up. When I saw the post I thought that they were bulky, but now that my system is up and running I really like them.

Part #1

Dual behind the headrest DVD.

The online stores have two dual DVD kits. One from Rosen and the other from Advent/Audiovox.
Rosen $1299.00
Advent $1319.00

I decided to go with the Advent system because IMO they looked better. After an extended 3 yrs warranty, game package (game Controls and Control module) and shipping. The grand total was $1459.92

Part # 2

Mygig Lockpick system CHR550 - $349.00

I got my lockpick CHR550 from coastaletech but I found it cheaper on another forum. - $259.00

If you are not a member, register and search for the following post​

Lockpick CHR550 Group Buy

Part # 3

Sirius Backseat TV system.

I don’t know why the price change so much, but when I got mine from Amazon a week ago it was $24.99 with free shipping. That’s right $24.99. It is now listed for $42.99. The same item was listed at over $240.00 dollars at one my favorite stores, newegg.com. I believe it was listed at Sirius at around $80.00.

Total part thus far, over $1800.00. Now, you can imagine why I decided to do the installation myself. An additional $300 to $500 for installation was out of the question.
Ok, let’s get started.
Where did you buy your Advent system...went to their website...looks like they have what I want (monitors only, attached to seatback). Looks like they don't sell direct to consumer. Need to find a dealer. I'm in the Detroit, MI area.

Any help would be great......

#6 · (Edited)
Headrest DVD/Lockpick/Backseat TV MOD - Part 2

Installation

Disclaimer: As we all know, when working on any electrical system in your vehicle you should disconnect the battery to prevent damaging some of the electrical components. Because my installation required me to turn the car on and off a few times and to move the power seats several times to access specific location I did my installation without disconnecting the battery. This is just a guide to my installation to help others with their installations. Do so at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damages cause from following my guide.

I did the MOD in two days but, it can be done in a single day. Just take your time and do it right. The reason why I did my installation in two day was because the DVD Kit arrived a week after the Backseat TV and Lockpick system.

The lockpick system.

The new CHR550 is bigger than the previous models so it simply won’t fit behind the radio. I decided to put mine to the right of the radio right next to the glove box. To do this you will have to remove the glove box.

1. Remove scuff plate – Just pull straight up

2. Pull the door seal off just enough to remove the cowl trim (2 Clips) – The cover should come off easy.

1. Glove Box removal

2. Open Glove box

3. Remove the string from the stabilizer clip. The string is spring loaded but don’t worry. Once detached you’ll be able to re-attach it. The string is already detached on the photo below (Pic 2).

4. Squeeze the outboard open stop tab (2-1) inward and separate the tab from the glove box housing and allow the glove box to rotate toward the carpet.

5. Drop the glove box all the way down and remove it.

6. Removed passenger side end cap. (Pull straight out)

7. Remove decorative trim piece. First pull on the right and center (1). Once the right and center are detached use a trim removal tool and very carefully pry the left corner (2). I use a butter knife. Worked like a charm !

2-1

8. Remove the cover under the glove box (Pic 3). Is attached by two plastic fasteners. Gently pull down in the area of the fasteners, insert a tool and gently pry them down. Again, I use a butter knife and was able to remove them without breaking them.

CAUTION: Don’t forget to detach the light bulb power connector.

10.Remove glove box housing (6 screws). Four at the bottom and two on the top.

CAUTION… While removing the housing don’t let it drop to the floor. There are two quick disconnect connectors attach to it. Detach them and remove the housing.

Removing the center console bezel and side trim.

1. Using the trim removal tool or equivalent, separate the retaining ring from the knob and slide down the shifter shaft. Gently pry one side just a bit and then the other side. Keep doing this until the piece drops down.

2. Remove the yellow stamped spring clip from the knob by grabbing the exposed tab with pliers and pulling straight out.

3. Pull the knob off of the shift shaft

Center Console

IMPORTANT: To remove the console bezel the shifter must be in the NEUTAL position. There is a way to place the car in neutral for towing purposes but I decided to do mine a different way. Below is how I removed mine. You won’t be able to remove the bezel in the Park position. I made that mistake and a small piece of chrome peeled off the trim. Not very noticeable to others but I know is there.

1. Engage the parking brake and start the car.

2. Placed the car in NEUTRAL.

3. Grab the bezel (Arrows, Photo 5) and pull straight up.

4. Once the bezel is detached be careful not to pull up too far because there are four connections that must be disconnected.

5. After you disconnect the four connectors, remove the bezel, placed car in park and turn it off.

6. Remove the side covers (held in place by a couple of retaining clips).
Important : When re-installing the center console bezel. The side covers or trim must be install first.

#7 · (Edited)
Headrest DVD/Lockpick/Backseat TV MOD - Part 3

Radio Removal

1. Remove the storage bin mat (7)

2. Remove the screws (2 ea.).

3. Reach under the bezel and you should feel a small gap. With both hands pull straight out just a bit and detach the bottom of the bezel

4. Move your hand upward and continue removing the bezel until it is free.

5. Look behind it and disconnect the 3 electrical connectors. (8)

6. Remove bezel.

7. Removed the four radio screws and pull the radio out.

Installing MyGigig Lockpick CHR550

1.Before installing the lockpick system you must change the Dip switches to your vehicle specification.

2.My dip switches settings are as follow. (2012 Dodge Durango)

a.1 – Down (Always Down)
b.2 - Up (2008-2011 Durango use low speed) 2012 Durango use High speed communication
c.3 – Up (2008-2011 Durango use low speed) 2012 Durango use High speed communication
d.4 – Down (Always Down)
e.5 - Up (Unblock video while driving) Down if you don’t want video while driving or stock setting.
f.6 – Down (My radio has stock NAV) Up, if NAV not included
g.7 – Down (Always Down)
h.8 – Up (Always UP)

Please double check with your particular lockpick system installation manual. The wrong setting wont damage anything but your radio won’t turn on.

3. The lockpick harness include and A/V out. The connectors are labeled A/V in but are in fact an output only. I did get video to the rear DVD from the front Radio DVD by using the A/V out on the lockpick harness . However, because the DVD interface box has only one A/V in I was not able to get video from the Backseat TV. For that reason, I did not use those connectors. If you are not installing a backseat TV this will probably work for you but it was not feasible for my installation. I am still looking for a solution to this problem.

4. Unplug the white and brown connectors from the back of the radio and install the brown and white connectors from the lockpick system to your radio. (9)

5.Then install the stock harness to the female connectors on the lockpick system. Is pretty simple to do.

6. NOTE. In the photo (9) the lockpick harness is already installed.

7. As a precaution, I covered the Lockpick A/V out connectors with electrical tape to prevent electrical problems.

8. In my mod, I ran the harness to the right and down towards the glove box. The lockpick harness is long enough to do this.

9. Complete connections, re-install the radio unit.

10.You should wait to re-install the radio bezel until the installations are complete and tested. Do not connect the lockpick to the harness until all the mod parts are installed. The first time that you connect the lockpick system it will take approx 30 seconds to read everything and reconfigure itself to whatever is attach to it including the radio.

11. In my installation, I placed the lockpick system to the right, next to the glove box housing.

12. I ran two sets of A/V cables under the dash to the driver’s side. One from the lockpick A/V out to the Headset DVD A/V in. The second from the lockpick A/V in to the backseat TV A/V out.

13. Some lockpick installers put the included IPod/Ipad cable from the lockpick on the center console. I decided to place mine in the glove box where the car manual was. (10)

14. After you remove the glove box housing you will see two square holes were the manual shelves attach to the housing (10). Using a knife I made the left side hole a bit bigger and ran the iPod cable to the glove box. My iPod cable is now inside the glove box where the manual used to be. I just plug it in and use the steering wheel controls to control the iPod. You can always use the stock usb /iPod connector inside the center console but the lockpick iPod connection has some very nice features. The lockpick cable is just an extra connection that supports iPod/iPad audio and video. According to the instructions, if you have a 3g iPad you can play movies through the lockpick system to the rear or front displays.

#8 · (Edited)
Headrest DVD/Lockpick/Backseat TV MOD - Part 4

Backseat TV installation

1. I installed the backseat TV in the compartment under the driver seat. (11)

2. I wrapped the A/V cables, power wires and control unit cable together with electrical tape to keep everything neat and secured.

3. I ran the bundled wires to the right side of the seat. If you look about half way under the driver seat you should see where the carpet overlaps. This is the perfect spot to run the wires through towards the front of the vehicle.

4. Keep the wires as close to the floor as possible. If you don’t it will interfere with the center console side trim piece and it will not snap into place.

5.Run all the wires under the dashboard down to the floor.

6. There is a good sized gap between the floor and the center console. Use this to run the wires or cables across to the other side. Connect the Backseat TV to the Lockpick system A/V input.

7. Connect the backseat TV Power wires (3 wires) to the lockpick system 12v ACC output connection (Pic 12).
Note : Below is the lockpick system installation diagram. I used MS Paint and modified to include the way I did my connection to the Headrest DVD’s and the Backseat TV.

8. Move the Backseat TV control unit wire around the same location but instead of going all the way to the right side of the vehicle go up and come up towards the center console bezel.

9. By connecting the Backseat TV to the lockpick system will ensure that the units will turn on when the vehicle ignition is on or the car is running. The backseat TV comes with two magnetic antennas. They look similar to the one that they use for the Sirius radios.

10. Run the Antenna wires to the left of the storage compartment to where the carpet overlaps. These wires are very thin so they are easy to hide.

11. Hide the Antenna wires under the vehicle trim and rear driver side door scuff plate. Keep hiding the wires under the trim and come up on the left side of the trunk area. You won’t need to remove the rear trim. Just use the trim tool to create a gap as you run the wires.

12. Once you get to the top trim at the end of the headliner on the trunk area, one wire will go towards the right rear of the car and the other to the left.

13. Backseat TV requires the two antennas to be a minimum of 36 inches in order to work. Is preferable to install one in the front and the second one on the rear for maximum coverage. Drilling on the roof of the car is out of the question so below is how I did mine.

14. I mounted the right antenna wire at the end of the roof rack. (Ride side) (13)

15. For the left antenna, I removed the left side roof rack.

16. Remove a single bolt located at the end of the roof rack under the plastic cover (13). Just open the cover and you will see the bolt.

17. After that just slide the roof rack forward and lift it up to remove it in one piece.

18. I ran the wire under the left side roof rack as closest to the front as possible. Re-attached the roof rack and then cover the exposed antenna wire with the included plastic trim.

DVD Headrest

Included in the Kit

1. Remove the seat covers by pulling on the bottom of the covers to release two retaining clips. (15)

2. Slide the cover down a bit and then pull back.

3. Disconnect the Active Head Rest wires (16).

4. Lean seats back.

5. To remove the headrest, from the rear of the seat locate a small pin hole on the right side sleeve.

6. Push the locking pin using something small like a paper clip.

7. While holding the paper clip in, push on the left side released button and slowly raised and remove the head rest. Make sure to guide the Active head rest wire inside the sleeve as you raise to remove it.

Headrest DVD installation.

I am sorry that I don’t have photos of these steps. I will try to explain it the best I can.

1. Placed headrest unit on the front seat. The cables are very long so you’ll be able to run the wires through the top of the seats without holding the DVD unit.

2. Driver’s seat. Insert the trim removing tool on the front of the slave sleeve holder and stretch the leather just enough to slide both cables through. This is going to take some doing so take your time and be careful not do damage the leather or cables.

3. Once you have the cables going through freely, you’ll have to pull them with one hand while holding the DVD unit with the other unless you have someone to assist you.

4. When you have about an inch left to go, place the headrest mounting bracket to the right of both the master and slave sleeve and then slide left.

5. Next locate the spacers and double sided tape in the kit. Place the spacers between the top of the metal bracket and the headrest plastic covers. The double sided tape will prevent them from moving.

6. The next part was a pain to do. Locate the include bracket covers and place them over the bracket making sure to hide the cables to the left side of the sleeve.

7. For my install, it took some force to accomplish this. Make sure to line them up because it is a very tight fit and is going to be nearly impossible to remove them again without damaging them.

8. If they are done right, they will not move while you re-attach the headrest.

9. Re-connect the active headrest wires. Run the wires whichever way you like. Just make sure that they are free of obstructions.

10. Driver’s side. I ran the wires on the right side of the seat going in where the carpet overlapped. Just like I did for the backseat TV. Make sure to leave enough slack to prevent damage when the seat’s move.

11. Passenger side. I ran the wires the same way but instead of going across to the driver’s side, I ran them on the left side of the passenger seat. Once I reached the front of the car I went under the dash and across to the left towards the driver’s side.

Note: If you get these types of DVD units they come with a detailed installation manual with pictures.

#9 · (Edited)
Headrest DVD/Lockpick/Backseat TV MOD - Part 5

DVD interface box

1. I placed the interface box on the driver’s side between the carpet and just to the right of the gas pedal.
2. Connect all the four color coded cables to the interface box.
3 .If you order the optional gaming module. It comes with a double side tape already attach. Attach the game module to the interface box and then connect it to the interface box.
4. Connect the interface box power wires (red and black) to the unit and then run the wires under the dashboard towards the 12v outlet in the center console.
5. You will have to connect the power wires to the 12v dc using your prefer method.
6. In my install, I spliced the wires and soldered them. I then cover the wires with plenty of electrical tape.

7. Next, turn the ignition and test the system.

The DVD system is great. Both DVD can play separate DVD’s. Both users can then with the use of the remote watch the other side’s DVD at any time. They can also switch to the A/V input and watch the backseat TV. I can play the backseat TV audio through the cars speakers with the help of the lockpick system. I can also listen to my radio, iPod, or CD while my kids watch separate DVD or TV with the included wireless headphones. As with many aftermarkets DVD the headphones have to be facing the DVD for a good signal. You can avoid this by using regular hard wired headphones. Both DVD have headphones inputs as well as an additional A/V input to attach a gaming system. They also have a USB port to attach a thumb drive with MP3’s.

If both of my kids want to watch the same DVD and listen through the car speakers, the DVD must be playing in Monitor 1. Monitor 1 has an integrated wireless transmitter to play through an FM station. You can chose from 100 different frequencies. The sound with the FM transmitter is excellent because the wireless antenna is attached to the interface box.

8. I installed the Backseat TV Control/Display to the bottom of the radio Bezel using Velcro.
9. I ran the cable between the center console bezel and the radio Bezel. The gap between these bezels is big enough to allow it without damaging the cable.

10. The installation looks very professional (IMO). I am extremely happy with the results.
11. The backseat TV comes with hard wired IR receiver for the remote control.

I decided not to install it because is one less things for the kids to fight over. This way I control it and avoid fights in the car. Any of you with two or more kids know what I am talking about. There are only 3 channels available for $7.99 monthly subscription. I think that between the Backseat TV, separate DVD and the games I’ll be able to take long trips and keep my kids busy for some piece of mind. I hope this will help some of you with your installation. It was a bit expensive but it is a nice feature for any vehicle.

Below are some photos of the left display showing the backseat TV and the right display playing a DVD at the same time.

Note: Please send me a private message with any mistakes and I will correct them.

Thanks !!!!

10/29/2013 Update..

Doing Mods on "Christine" is been fun. Since I did this mod I added two alpine amplifiers, 8" kicker sub and four new door speakers. Unfortunately I am letting Christine go. I just ordered a 2014 Citadel (Black on Black) with everything, including the dual DVD displays. Yesterday I received the email with the link to track the build. They say is going to be 4 to 6 weeks before is deliver.

Don't worry, I removed the amps, door speakers and sub and re-installed the oem speakers getting ready for the trade. I also removed the Sat TV. Since I am getting the factory DVD I saw no point on removing the headrest dual DVD. It should add more value to the trade. I am sure I'll be back with more mods once I get the 2014.

#19 · (Edited)
Headrest DVd

I went to the site from the above link and they clearly say Audiovox but they look exactly like the one I have except for the installation bracket. On my install they go on the headrest post but on the Audiovox it looks like you have to install them on the back of the seat . Everything else, from the extra warranty, headphones , game module looks the same. Even the price is almost the same. You might have to call them and find out the brand. You know how it is with some companies, they advertise something and you get something slightly different. That happened to me with this item. The manual listed a number of small items that were not included. When I call them they told me that the missing items were in fact not part of the package. Also, if you scroll down to the Durango installation instructions it clearly says Advent. The instructions are the same one I received with my package. You could ask them why the DVD are labeled Audiovox but the instructions are for the Advent, Just to make sure you are getting what you want. Like I say, your best bet is to call them.

I hope this help...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.