Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Third Row Seat

14K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  wcrstereo 
#1 ·
Is it possible to remove the third row seat on a 2012 Crew ??

Auggie

#3 ·
Well, nobody will ever ever sit in them seats and they must weigh over 100#. Why carry the extra weight around if I don't have to. They must of just bolted them in on the assembly line so I was just looking for someone who had already done that.

Auggie

#4 ·
You might be able to swap them out with the Grand Cherokee's floor. Those do not come with the third row seating.

#6 ·
Both the current generation Durangos and Grand Cherokees are both W bodies. Which means they share a lot of the same parts. One of the major differences between the two is seating. You can get the Durango with the third seat whereas you can not with the Grand Cherokee. That space that would have been taken up by the third row seats is cargo space. The Grand Cherokees even have the indentions on the side in the back to position the security cover for the third row seat as well as right behind the second roll seat.

What you might be able to do is take the third row seats out and replace it with the carpet and anything that is underneath it to cover that gap that will be there when you remove those seats. Best bet is to just check out the parts manual for both the Durango and the Grand Cherokee.

Here is the link to the thread with the link to view both of those parts manuals online. And yes you can save a copy since they are PDF files:

http://www.durangoforumz.com/showthread.php?t=2313

#9 ·
Judging from the parts manuals, you should be able to swap to a jeep GC style cargo area. The problem will more than likely be price. Shaving 100lbs in weight will not give you enough fuel cost savings to cover the cost of all the parts you'll need to buy from the dealer.
Just my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.