Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Led lights

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Ryanmonigan 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed led lights on the headlights of the 3rd gen? If so is it worth it? Or should I just go with hid?

#2 ·
From what I know unless you have the right reflectors and LED placement in the headlight you will not get close to the light needed to see from putting in a LED in the place of the halogen. Unless you found someone who makes a replacement LED headlight housing I do not think you will want to do the LED. Unless you don't plan on having a lot of function from the headlight and are just going for looks. For example if you look at Cadillac's LED headlight it is very unique looking that has a bit of engineering behind it to get the proper light sine and distance. I am putting in LED in all the other bulbs and in the fog lights to get closer to the color of my HID and for looks. I also am flashing them all the way around so need the LED because the halogens cant flash in the patterns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.