Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

2011 HID Kits - Durango

30K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  drock 
#1 ·
Anyone know the bulb size or can you recommend a HID kit for the 2011 Durango? Looking to upgrade my lights. Thanks.

#4 ·
I would only go Low beam, looks closest to stock. I am trying to find the link to the old EBAY vendor I used, they were very easy to install on my old Charger and looked great. Make sure if you get generic kits, that you let them know it is a newer Chrysler because they need to add a capacitor to stop them from flickering, it has been an issue with aftermarket HID's for years.

#5 ·
Finally found the link and name, you can email them directly below or find the ebay vendor named HIDGATE, they hooked up all of my charger buddies when I had my Charger and are reliable and very cheap. Hope this helps, be sure to post pics once you get them put in I'd like to see how they look on the Durango's that don't come with them stock.

Paypal@sendora.com

#6 ·
I was smart this time around ordered them stock from the factory and they are awesome. Had the kits on my old ride and had nothing but problems with flickering and bulps constantly going out. Eventualy went back to stock lights because of so many problems with the aftermarket kits. The HID stock ones on the new Durango's are self leveling as well which makes it even better.

#7 ·
What did that run you though? With proper installation of the capacitors, it fixes the flickering problem that all the Chrysler's had. And for $70 plug and play, it is a cheap good looking mod. I know the stock one's are sweet but I'm on a budget lol.

#8 ·
Actually did not cost anything extra it is included in the base price on the R/T and Citadel....I see your point though it is definetly a good mod for the money post some pics when you have it completed.

#9 ·
I'm deployed, it will definitely be a while lol. I love the stock look of the projectors and HID's. I had them on my Charger and once I get the windows tinted and the UConnect module, then the HID's. Then I'll definitely post some pics.

#10 ·
To answer your question, its the H11 bulb. i bought the 8000k kit on ebay for like $35 and installed myself (and dang was that driver side a pain in my A$$) but it looks real clean n havent had any issues with them.

the real question is WHICH HID BULB WILL REPLACE THE FOG LIGHTS??? it has some crazy part number i cant find anywhere.

#14 ·
I installed after market HID's on my 2006 Charger 2 weeks ago. They look fantastic. For the Charger I ordered an "Error Code Eliminator" kit to go with the HID's. No issues at all. Now the big question. Do any of you know if I need this error code eliminator for my brand new 2011 Durango?

#21 ·
Thanx to all you guys. All of this is really helpful to me. Especially since I'm debating on getting HIDs or those AAC Plasma Halos.

#23 ·
A fuse. There is a wiring harness with a fuse that goes with some of the HID kits. Do you have that installed?

#25 ·
Either the ballast or you need a resistor. I had that issue with my SRT8, after I replaced the ballast the flickering stopped.

#28 ·
#29 ·
To go on top of the resistors/ error code eliminators etc, I had aftermarket HID's as well and they flickered non-stop. I could never get them to stop so I had to take them out (but i HATE halogens)

On a side note, I found a company, on Ebay, who is selling '11 - '13 OEM HID headlights with ballast and bulb (complete set) for Durango. My question for everyone is I am looking into purchasing them but I currently have a '13 Durango SXT, which does not have an option for the HID headlamps. That being said, I was wondering if you new if this would work with my model without doing any modification? I know you can flash the computer, but I would rather see if I could just plug and play, rather than having to re-wire, or bring somewhere to have them installed, etc. Anyone have any knowledge of this and if so, can you shed some light on the above for me?

#30 ·
Yes it will work but of course it's not plug and play since you don't have the oem hid but you have the ballast and hid so its still easy to install. You will prob have the flickering on your lights though. Mine does it but just alittle but most time I don't even notice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.