Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

2013 Durango Interior LED part numbers & Hids

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  drwallie 
#1 ·
Hi all,

just wanted to say i'm new to this forum but have been a member for many years on the Charger and Ram Forumz. I'm no longer a Charger or Ram owner but am now a very happy Durango owner! :smiley_thumbs_up: Long story short I plan on keeping my Durango a very long time and over time plan to do some things. The only thing within my budget right now to do would be HIDs/Interior Leds. I know on both the Charger forumz and Ram forumz there were "sticky" threads with part numbers and recommendations on LEDs and HIDS. I don't see any sticky threads here so I was just curious if anyone wouldn't mind posting the interior bulb replacement part numbers and the same with the HIDs and what kit seems to be the most popular to go with? I'd be doing low beams/high beams and fog lights on my Crew.

Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
I do not have one quick list of replacement bulbs but if you go to a site like CarID it will give you the numbers you need. I buy a lot of my LEDs from www.autolumination.com personally. I have LEDs almost all the way around in mine both in and out.
I have the bulbs but have not put the front turn signal bulbs in yet because I make jumpers with new bulb sockets so I do not need to puncture the factory wires for the resistors and I cant get a replacement socket anywhere for thefront signals. The dealer has searched for them and say the only way they see to get it is to buy a complete light assembly.
Another thing you should know is that the map reading bulbs inside are not a normal bulb that can easily be replaced. They are LEDs already but not te cool blue color. I changed all my bulbs except the round movable ones because I have not found an easy swap for them yet. I know you can pull them and change the LED on the board or even find replacement circuit boards for them but that is more involved. At first it bothered me having a cool white light and a warm white light but now I kind of like it and it creates a unique look. Makes the light more usable for reading things but has a cooler white look. Or maybe I am just telling myself this because I don't want to take the time to change them yet.
After all this rambling by me, you can go to a site like CarID to get bulb numbers which might help.

#3 ·
So THAT'S what happened to you! LOL

Check AAC's ebay page. They are starting to sell the LED bulbs for the 3rd Gens. Also there are a few more sellers on ebay that are selling them as well.

#5 ·
I got a 194/921 replacement led bulb on e-bay. its canbus error free 5630 smd wedge it is much brighter than the 5050 its the same height as a194 but has a canbus circuit in it.I use it on my 2003 dodge dakota.when using regular leds my front dome lights glowed dimly in the dark and my outside cab lights did the same thing.used these and problem solved.if you need a ebay number for a auction let me know

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.