Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

2014 Halogen Projector to HID Conversion?

29K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  mohelp 
#1 ·
Has anyone attempted changing out the factory Halogen Lo/Hi bulbs in the new 2014 Durango for HID? I believe these halogen bulbs are 9012LL if I am not mistaken and do dual Lo/Hi beam and would need the same on the HID kit. Dodge claims that there is no OEM kit available from Chrysler that can be purchased to replace existing factory halogens. RIDICULOUS..!!!!

Please get back to me via email or on here. Thanks

Adolfo

#3 ·
Hi there, thanks for the reply to my inquiry. The 2014 headlights are a bit different, I have projector headlights with Halogen bulbs and want to either find HID to replace these or brighter bulbs. I was told by the dealer that the bulbs are type 9012LL. Can't seem to find these anywhere and no auto parts store has them with High and Low filaments. Very frustrating so far..!!!

Adolfo

#6 ·
Thank you once again drwallie.... these will not work on a 2014 Durango with projector headlights. The bulb is a 9012LL which technically is a dual filament, low and high.
I will keep searching...!!! Even the dealer wants me to let them know what I find..!!! Unbelievable...

#8 ·
Thank you once again drwallie.... these will not work on a 2014 Durango with projector headlights. The bulb is a 9012LL which technically is a dual filament, low and high.
I will keep searching...!!! Even the dealer wants me to let them know what I find..!!! Unbelievable...
Hello, I am in CT and I just purchased an SXT and I am looking for the same solution. I found this thread through a google search and registered so I can follow this thread.

I am actively looking for a solution myself.

#12 ·
Yes you can ..what year is your durango ? If its a 2014 with the halogen lights
then the hid kit you need is a 9005 and the fog lights are h11 ,
but make sure you get the ballast with the cancellers built in
the fog lights you will also need a relay harness
Thank you for replying! Yes, I have 2014 Dodge Durango SXT Plus.

Is there any brand or website you would recommend or simply look for the specifics as you stated? I assume there is no simple kit I can purchase and I just need to piece it together?

#19 ·
2014 Dodge Durango aftermarket hid headlight

I'm just bought a pair of 9012 ll hid kit. I should receive them in a few days. I have tried cheap 9006 hid kit I had on hand from my old Dodge magnum. It worked for a while but with car on it blinked a few times then went off. I will post updates and pictures next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.