Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Mirror Extenders??

8K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  rmk 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey folks, this is my first post, so go easy on me. :D

I just bought a 2012 Durango Crew with tow package, etc. yesterday. I have a camping trailer and now desperately need some mirror extenders. I've looked online but haven't found anything specifically made for the '11 or '12 models. I did see some universal units but wasn't especially impressed with them. Anyone know what's available...and where? What are you guys using? Surely I'm not the first one to need some. Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 ·
first I used the type that wrapped around the mirror body after awhile it scratched the body.Then went to Camco tow n see which has a suction cup that attaches to the mirror its self.Had to bent the extension rod slightly to get it to work properly.But you can adjust your mirror so the tow mirror is in the right spot.Must clean mirror and suction cup good or it will pop off,has cable so you dont loose mirror.they have left and right side mirrors

#4 ·
I tried the K-Source model KS3891 mirror that straps on to the existing mirror but they would not stay on due to the contour of the back of the factory mirror. (When you tighten the outside strap it pulls the KS3891 off the factory mirror.) I guess I will go with the Camco type too...

If you find another option (other than door mount) I would be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.