Votes: 22 22.4%
  • R/T

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • SXT

Votes: 3 3.1%

What model do you have?

50K views 66 replies 55 participants last post by  Dodge Family 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a poll on the new Durango models. If we get enough members with the older model versions wanting to vote we can edit the poll.

#53 · (Edited)
I deliberately CHOSE to buy the last of the first generation to get these features:
Smaller body
Full separate frame
5.9l V-8 engine - prior experience with the durability of this engine
1st year -4-wheel disc brakes & 16" wheels
Trailer towing up to 7400 lbs.
Asthetically, I liked the looks better than the newer ones, which look pregnant!
Value as opposed to inflated Tahoe prices.
Rear seats fold flat-- not canted.
BTW I screwed up on sign-in ---- I have an SLT, not an SXT!

#54 ·
2013 Citadel with:
- 24" Helos with 275/30/24 tires
- Volant CAI(on 5.7 HEMI of course)
- Black MGP caliper covers
- Racing lights
- DRLs outlining headlights
- Black front cover(bra)

Up next:
- Borla cat-back exhaust system
- Diablo programmer
- Supercharger(if I can find one made for this make and model...any suggestions?)
- Paint bumpers, rails and wheel well trim metallic silver
- Airbrush true flames(blue)
- Drilled and slotted rotors
...check out the pics!

#55 · (Edited)
Kenne Bell and Paxton both used to make blower kits for Mopar engines.
You can check for them on line. Do a Search.

WOW! 30 profile tires! -- You must have to watch out for every crack in the road,
to keep from bending or denting a wheel!

FYI -- When you go to lower profile tires like this, you put more stress on your wheels, when you hit holes, vracks or other imperfections in the road service --- as well as reducing the ride quality unless you alter your suspension as well.
Just thougt you should know, you decide!

#56 ·
Awesome tips! Thank you! Yeah, I realize the problems that come with an extreme low profile tire. Fortunately I live in an area with very good roads. I rarely if ever see any potholes. The ride does really suck now, though. Once I reach about 40mph, the steering starts to Shimmy pretty bad. I'm gonna go and get them rebalanced. Not sure if they road force balanced them where I bought them. Do you know of any other possible fixes to that shimmy?

#57 · (Edited)
Yeah, go back to a smaller diameter, higher profile tire! Wheel flex on those larger diameter wheels can also be a factor, more so on ones that wide. Do you have sufficient rim width to keep the tire tread from cupping?
That is another negative result from extremely low profile tires.
FYI -- In various police pursuit tests, they have come to a conclusion that for their
high speed chases, nothing shorter than a 65 profile is acceptable to maintain
stability!
Your 30's may look cool, but IMO the negatives outweigh the positives --- and one more thing, in testing GM again ruled that anything over 20" aftermarket would void any chassis or suspension warranties on their vehicles!
I have not heard of any revoking of that policy. Be advised.....

#58 ·
Thanks again, but I am aware of all these "issues". I am also very aware of the far better performance of a higher profile tire...I was a cop for thirteen years and have been trained in this area. I do have another vehicle for more "demanding" purposes...this Durango is more of a project of mine to build a very cool ride...I do still have my OEM wheels that I can put back on...and will do so for extended road trips. I'm taking the wheels into a tire center that specializes in oversized rims and low profile tires today to get them rebalanced and we'll see how that does. Like I said...it's a work in progress. I really appreciate the tips...especially for the blower. I will look that up for sure...I suppose I will definitely need to put the higher profile tires back on in that case, huh? Hahaha

#67 ·
Black fully loaded except all wheel drive and 2nd seats console 2019 RT with red fender hash mark stripes. Blastin bob's exhaust, and since I hate chrome, all silver plastic badging has been removed and replaced with black trimmed in red badges as follows. Under the hask stripes I have 345 hemi, in the rear lid removed silver durango and have black n red Hemi, in other side, pulled silver R/T and replaced with black and red trimmed R/T, pulled dodge badging off grill and added red R/T and pulled Dodge letters off the lift gate and installed red ones. Tinted front side windows and part of windsheild, all that is left to do is Black rims.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.