Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

A/C issues

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  allan69 
#1 ·
My 2011 Crew model (digital controls, front/rear a/c) has A/C issues. it works pretty good when driving but when idling or sitting at a light the a/c stops blowing cold. it was suggested that the condenser fan is bad but it is spinning when the a/c is turned on. i am unsure if the fan is multi-speed but with 85 degree days and 85% humidity, we are dying the durango.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
2011 is pretty new to have air flow issues like bent fins or debris clogging. How is the engine coolant temp doing? If it is high then you may have something more going on.

Have the dealer service the air. It could be low on refrigerant. Hate to have to pay $150 service charge but it is probably under warranty and if it is low they should cover it...right?

#5 ·
I have a similar problem with my 2011 Citadel model. When you first start the vehicle the fan blows at full speed, then randomly stops and starts again (again at full speed) and then after driving for about ten minutes it starts working normally. However, in addition to this the front passenger side A/C only blows warm/hot air, even with A/C selected to FULL COLD on both selected or auto mode..... Any help appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.