Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Exhaust

14K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  LaramieLonghorn1983 
#1 ·
just bought a 2011 dodge durango citadel...looking to put an exhaust on to help sound some and performance...although i dont want my durango sounding like a monster truck...Any suggestions or thoughts thanks?

#6 ·
It'll be really loud and it'll resonate like crazy inside the vehicle.

I installed a pair of Gibson mufflers in place of the resonators and it sounds awesome and along with the AirAid intake system I installed, it made a very noticable and significant improvement in performance.

This is a link to the mufflers at Gibson:
http://www.gibsonexhaust.com/cftmufflers.html

The one I used was the 2.5 inch offset inlet/center outlet. The guy at the muffler shop had no trouble at all (said they fit perfectly) installing.

Sounds awesome when I start it and you can hear the exhaust in the background but it's not annoying at all. When you punch it-man, it sounds awesome!

Did I say awesome?

#7 ·
There is a pretty good video on Youtube of a 2011 Citadel with flowmasters on it. just search 2011 Dodge Durango Citadel w/ Flowmaster exhaust. I contacted Flowmaster to see if they had a cat back kit available yet and they said that it was still being developed/tested and would be ready in a month or two.

#9 ·
Did you click on the Gibson link?----- ;-)

Seriously, the exact part number is 55142S. Easy install by the muffler dude with no issues! he said it was like a factory install.

Ordered them from CarID for about 130 bucks a piece. Due to the style, won't blow out anything....

I love it when I'm in a parking lot or crowded place and start my D-the guys all turn around and look!!!! HAH! Extra benefit--doesn't bother the lovely wife in the least!!!!

Score!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.