Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

2012 r/t coil airbag

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Mrrobalo 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2012 R/T ( 170k miles one owner and maintained by car fax info ) so we can pull our Travel trailer. I hooked it up yesterday and took it on a 10 mile test run. She was sagging when we started and 1/2 way through the test I pulled into a parking lot to evaluate everything.Wanted to see if it was still capable to auto level . Gauges all were fine but still have the sag in the rear end . I will be buying a load leveling hitch but my son said look into a set of coil spring air bags with remote fill on it. Has anyone else tried this?? I haven’t loaded up the suv yet but without the trailer it’s not too noticeable sag without the trailer. The trailer is only 4650 dry and I only have the front storage pass through with 200 lbs of stuff in it for the test . I don’t want to put a lot of money in it right off the bat as this is our first travel trailer and just plan to use it around Fl. The first year to see if a long trip out west is what we want to do or not. Any ideas or suggestions I’m opened ears . If it doesn’t work out it’s not the end of the world as my son is a car dealer and can always look for another Tow Vehicle . I really like the Durango as it brings me back to High School. I had the fastest car throughout. It was a 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury with a police package and a 383 Commando . I got it from the Plymouth factory master service tec. Boy I miss that car but the HEMI in the Durango keeps me smiling ear to ear and I really want it to work out. Thanks for looking.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.