Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Navigation system problems

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  azmusclecar 
#1 ·
2018 Durango R/T, purchased new. From Day 1, we've had a variety of problems with the radio and the navigation system (10.4 inch screen). The radio has been replaced twice, with no changes. Obviously, the problems lie elsewhere. When a route is activated in the nav system, the guidance volume is changed to "15", which is pretty loud. This happens regardless of any previous settings. When a street has a leading direction indicator of NE (e.g., NE 4th St), the guidance states "Nebraska 4 T H Street" (pronouncing the T and the H). When "st" follows a street number (e.g., 21st St), the system doesn't understand that the first one is associated with the street number. Instead, it says "twenty one street street".

The list goes on and on.

Does anyone else have this problem? Dodge tech support can only suggest changing the radio, which has been done twice, with no change. BTW, changing the radio involves some major administrative work for the owner (Wi-Fi hotspot, Sirius), and no one at Dodge can offer any help. (Thank you, YouTube, for offering guidance where Dodge failed).

#2 · (Edited)
My 2018 Durango has a delaminating screen and was told it would cost $1,500 to replace (of course it's not under warranty). I can't even turn on seats when the screen starts changing on it's own. Dodge needs to do a recall or a bulletin on it. I am super frustrated with all the run around. You pay $55,000 for a vehicle with all it's conveniences that don't work. I am a Dodge loyalist but they fell flat on this one. May have to change makers...

I do have a video of this...

#3 ·
I have a 2021 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack and my Navigation stopped. I took it to dealer they said the whole radio needs changed out. Sadly the car is out of warranty. I was told to just use my cellphone Google Maps. Don't go looking to Dodge to get any comfort. They are sold out.