Tuners? - Page 2 - Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club!
Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club!  

Go Back   Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! > DODGE DURANGO FORUM - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Durango Mods - Dodge Durango Performance > Computers and Powertrain Control Modules
Dodge Ram Dodge Durango Dodge Nitro Jeep
Diesel Forums!
Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Nitro Forum Jeep Forum
Dodge Challenger Dodge Charger Chrysler 300 Dodge Magnum
Dodge Caliber
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum Chrysler 300 Forum Dodge Magnum Forum

Notices

Old 02-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Dodge Durango Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Durango
Trim Level: R/T AWD
Color: True Blue
upstatedoc is on a distinguished road

good to know...
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2014, 10:56 AM
Dodge Durango Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Durango
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Blue
Jsermini is on a distinguished road

I have the 2013 Durango R/T. For a 360 HP engine, it does not seem fast. What changes does a tuner make to improve performance? Does it improve HP? Can it change the RPM at which the transmission shifts? What do you mean by firmer shift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdurango View Post
I have at 2012 Durango RT and just installed the diablosport intune dcx 87 octane canned tune. Even though it takes at least an hour to set up everything with going back and forth between my car and pc getting calibration updates the last couple of days have been working out. Once I have it on a few more days I will adjust the fuel mixture to compliment my cai and throttle body. Even without making those adjustments the vehicle is much smoother along the rpm band without any lagging I felt around 3-4k rpm. Shifts seem a bit firmer as well. The mpg's clain was 1-3 with basic driving. Even though I did not do any daily work commute yet which I would average about 16 mpg it seems that my mpg bar seems to go closer to the 30mpg range when crusing then before. On my 150 mile highway drive I aveaged about 23 mpg which is about a 1mpg more then I got before on a similar trip and driving at 70mph as opposed to 65mph and getting better economy. If the truck wasn't loaded with family and luggage I think I could get to 24 to 25 mpg range.

I know this is a bit long running but there is little out there for any 2011+ dodge model years and when I was looking there was very little for cars and even less for the durango. I hope this helps anyone searching.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:32 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Durango R/T
Trim Level: R/T 2wd
Color: Black
Sidwayz is on a distinguished road

2014 Durango R/T with Diablo Sport Trinity. I have the 93 Diablo tune installed with the Throttle Boost set at 10. Definitely makes a difference. Considering I have 350 mi. on the vehicle I am not banging on it too hard for a while. With the 93 octane fuel there is a big difference in the way the vehicle feels. There is a lot more grunt and power off the line. The Throttle Boost removes the Lag from the drive by wire system very well. Feels a lot more peppy. From 60-80 it pulls a lot harder and 80-100 in a blink. I swear the exhaust sounds louder with more grunt. I have not found a way to adjust the shift response to make it shift harder like with the 5 speed in the Charger R/T. This new truck has an 8 speed. The shifts are crazy, it sounds like the tranny is "farting" when it shifts under load. Very weird Dodge. The 1-2 shift from low 1 is a little hesitant. The MDS can be disabled but there is a button on the dash for that and traction control can be disabled, but once again a button. Tire/wheel size can be adjusted, fan control if a 180 thermo is installed and of course spark and fuel if any serious mods are done.I have found that the 93 Diablo tune makes a difference and I have experienced it first hand. I just traded my '13 Charger R/T Blacktop in and removed the Tune. On the way to the Stealership I drove her like I stole her and man it was unreal how different the car performed, from the shift firmness to the Throttle response and it seemed like it took forever to rev to red line. With the tune I could stomp it and burn em up, not so much without it. I have not really got on it yet with the Durango but so far I feel it is well worth it. The tune was put in today so... not a lot of seat time yet. Hope this helps.....

Last edited by Sidwayz; 08-31-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2014, 04:32 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Durango
Color: Blue
Jsermini is on a distinguished road
Default Tuner Mount

Where do you install the Tuner? Is it designed to fit in somewhere?
Old 01-13-2015, 09:12 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Durango
Color: Black
Pumba is on a distinguished road

Gentlemen,

I am new to the Durango forum. I just purchased a '15 R/T Durango.

I would like to make some modifications:
  • American Racing Headers
  • Cold air inductions system
  • 180 degree F thermostat
For those mods to work correctly, I would like to have a professional tuner here in the Detroit area tune the engine and transmission after the install of these components.

Do any of you know of a tuner in the Detroit area?

Would any of the canned programs work if I cannot find a tuner?
Advertisement