Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

04' Durango: Stumble and Stutter

6K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Bassplyr 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm new to this forum and am seeking some advice as to narrow a problem. On June 1st 2011 I purchased a used 04' Durango with the 5.7 Hemi Magnum. The vehicle had 80,005 miles on it and ran beautiful, and was well maintained. When it reached 85,000 miles, I was driving to the store, (mind you, I'm very anal about my vehicles) and I smelled a burning odor. Immediately after that, the Durango felt it was running on 4 cylinders. I hobbled it home and immediately put a load tester on the battery. It read faulty so I put in a new one, still the same problem. Had it towed to the dealer who then asked me, "What did you do to this thing?" Said it was throwing codes all over the place. They checked the crank and cam sensors, O2 sensor, and even the engine harness. Nothing. They contacted Chrysler who told them to replace all 8 coils. Still nothing. Chrysler suggested replacing the PCM. Still nothing. They replaced the ignition wires, nothing. I understand these engines do throw a rod now and again, but there is no oil consumption or noise to indicate it has. If anyone can make some suggestions please help. I really love the truck and would hate to see it end up a dead hulk. Thank You

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.