Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Suspension Thumping Noise

5K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Milbers 
#1 ·
I've got the 2007 model, awd, hemi and am noticing a thumping noise coming from somewhere in the suspension when driving over rough roads. It sounds like worn sway bar bushings and something hitting on rubber - a dull thud. I've checked the shocks (and mounts), tie rods, ball joints, sway bar bushings, etc and can't find anything loose or obviously worn. It sounds like it's coming from the right side, but maybe rear suspension bushings? Has anyone had a similar noise, were you able to track it down, and what did you do to fix it.:4-dontknow:

#2 · (Edited)
Inner Outer Tie Rods

Got new tires put on my 2009 Aspen (same as the Durango) and the service guy said I needed a new outer tie rod end (driver side). My guess is that all the tie rods (inner & outer) should be done with 93K miles on it if one is showing wear. Has anyone here changed the inner and outer tie rods themselves or if you have had it done by a shop what did they charge you for parts and labour? If you have done it yourself could you send me instructions and what I need for tools and length of time to change them out. Yes I realize that I will need an alignment afterwards. Thanks in advance for replying to this post.
Thx,Milbers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.