Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Front End loose bouncing sound

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  drewusmaximus 
#1 ·
Hi all, 2006 SLT 5.7L Hemi

I am new to the forum and hoping someone can help me..

For the past two weeks when I go over bumps at slow speeds (10-35 mph) I hear something bouncing in the front end. Sounds like something is loose and bouncing in its place when going over bumps. I went under the truck and everything seems in tact. I checked the bushings, tie rod ends, suspension, brakes, etc and everything is tight. Bushings are not broken. Calipers are fine. For the life of me I cannot find where the sound is coming from. I looked at the control arms and there is a good 2 inch gap between the control arm and the rubber stoppers ( I forgot what those rubber stoppers are called). I am not sure if the sound is coming from the stoppers hitting the control arm while going over bumps. The only thing I changed were the tires on the truck two months ago. The jacked the truck up from what I believe were from the differentials. Besides that, nothing else was done to the truck.

Any ideas what might be causing that bouncing sound? Sounds like a part is loose and bouncing in its place.

Oh... one more thing.. The manifold heat shields were broken and I removed them assuming they were the culprit but, they weren't. AND!!! Sometimes when I turn the steering wheel while in park I can feel something rubbing on the body below the brake pedal. I put my foot on the carpet and feel something rubbing while I turn the steering wheel. It only happens once in a while. Very odd...

I would greatly appreciate someone's feedback.

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.