Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Ever Do This in Your Durango?

17K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Big Bop Balou 
#1 ·
Used to play my Durango hard.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
my friends took me to a mud hole that i had never been to before and told me on place was about two feet deep. They were right until i got about 3 quarters of the way through then the was a sudden drop and the water was level with the bottom of the windows. I thought i was done for but i kept my foot in it and the trusty old Durango pulled itself out.

#13 ·
went through a creek xing during run off season. Normally it's about 20 ft wide. It was about 50-60 ft wide. first 1/3 of the way, water was about mid-tire to bottom door. Knowing the creek, i thought it would be the same the whole way, WRONG! I thought the run off went wider instead of deeper, it did both. "D-Ranged" drop to the real bottom. With in a split second, I romped on it. I knew I was beyond the point of no return. Stopping meant getting stuck. I was holding my breath as I prayed (they call that multitasking). At one point, D-Ranged was pushing a solid wall of water over the top of her hood. I was very surprised and proud how well D-Ranged pushed through the rushing creek. I believe, the fact that she is a chubby girl helped from being pushed by the current. Found out later (bar talk), a mid-70 chevy & 2002+Ford ranger had to pulled from the same hole earlier that week. The ranger had both engine & tranny rebuild and is still having issues a 1 1/2 later.
My boys want to do it again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.