Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

2005 Durango Limited window problem

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  dss56 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 Durango limited just turned 50k miles. The window problem is when i have the 2 front windows down any ware from 1 inch to 4-5 inches the windows rattle pretty good in the channel. Even when I close the door they rattle so I make sure the windows are up when closing the doors.
My main glitch is the 1-6 inches and the windows rattle when I go over bumps.
Anyone else have this problem and if so what did you do for a fix.
Its kinda annoying to listen to windows rattle in a vehicle like that very cheap design. I have owned the D for 2.5 yrs and shit like this bugs me because of a limited fully loaded DVD NAV Leather and cheap window designs.

Please let me know if thee is a fix for this!!

#3 ·
Yes I did check the rubber channel and also there is no rattlings in the door.
It just seems that the rubber channel could of been a lot tighter I think. Gonna try something this weekend and will post here if I can get the rubber tighter somehow to stop the rattling.

thanks

#6 ·
FYI

I found out that I believe the window channel is not tight enough. The window floats in there on both front windows. If you look close you can fold back the rubber and put something behind the rubber channel. I took a 3/8 rubber hose cut in half and put some rtv on it and stuffed it behind the rubber cant tell its there. Window nice and tight. Window rattle solved on both front windows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.