Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

No power steering

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jkelly16 
#1 ·
My 2000 Durango is having power steering issues. A few months back my brother was driving it and lost all power assisted steering. It came back on very quickly. He attested it to "power steering morning sickness". Then the other day it happened again, lost of power assisted steering. Shut the truck off and started it again and everything was fine. Now, the other morning, I started it up and no power steering at all. I tried the shut off and start but still nothing. I've checked the fluid and the accesories belt is there. What could have happened? I'm guessing something electrical but don't know what. Any help would be much appreciated.

#3 ·
Thank you for the reply. No, the steering unit never made a sound or indicated there was a problem. I've been reading on line about something called the "power steering pressure switch" and related problems with shorting out wiring. I'm not thinking the wiring is the problem, but if this switch has gone bad, could it be the problem? Short of replacing that switch myself, I'm going to have to call for the tow truck and have my mechanic look at it. Thanks again for any help or suggestions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.