Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Gotta love Speedlogix!!!!

7K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  rkmdogs 
#1 ·
Ported 80mm throttle body for the 3.6L V6. Sent an email to them to ask if this will also work on the Durango. They are advertising it for only the L bodies with the 3.6L. I'll give you guys a follow up as soon as I find out.

http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product_p/mm-36ptb.htm

They claim that it doesn't need tune unless you go WOT.

#2 ·
Still waiting on an answer from Speedlogix about the tb. As soon as I get any word from them I'll let you guys know.

#3 ·
Got an answer back from Speedlogix. That throttle body WILL work on the Durangos so if you guys want another power adder there's another on that you might want to consider.

#5 ·
Holding off on getting mine. Got a last minute major project to do on my SRT8 first and it's going to take up the money I was going to use to get that TB.

#6 ·
Can I assume that this throttle body would work on 2013 Durango's 3.6L too? Also, what other types of modifcations can you think of that would help increase the HP/ Torque of the Durango? I know that this engine has a lot left in it, but I am not all that car savy, so I am looking for any suggestions that can increase power on this engine. Any suggestions are welcome.

#8 ·
Can I assume that this throttle body would work on 2013 Durango's 3.6L too? Also, what other types of modifcations can you think of that would help increase the HP/ Torque of the Durango? I know that this engine has a lot left in it, but I am not all that car savy, so I am looking for any suggestions that can increase power on this engine. Any suggestions are welcome.
Yes. It's for all MOPARs with the 3.6L Pentastar engine. But if you look on the site, they also have throttle bodies for the 345 HEMI. Right now that is the only thing that I can think of. I do know that magnacharger has a supercharger for the V6 Jeep Wrangler but I do not remember if it's the 3.5L or the 3.6L.

I've got a question, if you install a mod that provides greater HP and drive conservatively (i.e. don't use the additional power) will the result be greater MPG?
Good question. I believe so. The guys that have installed superchargers have mentioned that they get better MPG when they drive normal than before they installed it.

#9 ·
Yes, if you keep your foot off the firewall, your mileage goes up because you have increased the efficiency of your engine.
Remember, internal combustion engines are all just pumps! If you increase
efficiency or reduce internal friction, power goes up at lower throttle openings, therefore less fuel is consumed, i.e., better gas mileage!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.