Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had front shocks installed in my D 2 weeks ago under the Maximum Care Warranty.
2 hrs later I was all set and was given the keys to the d by the girl at the service desk. She stated that there computer/printer was backed up and she would mail the repair invoice to me. Two weeks go by and nothing so this past Monday I called Grava Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. Talked to the girl and told me it will be mailed to me.
So again I went to have the 2 front shocks replaced. I get the invoice in the mail Wednesday of this week and I read job#1 and job#2

Job #1 replaced 2 front shocks warranty no charge

Job #2 Customer stated air condition not blowing cold I never did

tech checks system and here comes the good part
complete dash removed
new evaporator installed
new blend doors installed
new refrigerant installed
and some other work done can't remember.

All this was done under warranty and done in the 2 hours I was there.

I called Grava Wednesday and asked the girl whats up with all this work done on the D when I never complained about this. She puts me on hold and the manager of service dept got on the phone.
Joe states to me the tech heard a noise in the air conditioning and a switch was replaced.

I asked about all this other work that was done in 2 hrs. and he says don't worry i"m all set Joe said this 2 times to me.

You all know it takes more than 2 hrs to remove the dash for all the work mentioned and then reinstall and recharge.

I think they used me to do some warranty work on some other car or get warranty payment for work they never performed and they will get paid from Chrysler on behalf of work that was never done on my D.

What would all you do. Its the only Chrysler repair in my area and don't want to piss them off.

Should I open a can of worms? I'm sure this is done all the time but don't like to be part of this scam!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
2,554 Posts
Well that kind of stuff is going on with the economy in the tank. If that's your dealer and you are getting quality work or decent deals with purchase there, you may want to let it go.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First time there I just bought the D at the end of June I do buy parts there for my Dodge Quad Ram.
I was thinking of calling Chrysler warranty Monday why should someone else get a free ride on my dime I am pissed but I thought of your point of view also

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
2,554 Posts
I agree, they should not do it and it's not an issue if you don't plan on using them again. Just depends on your situation.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have Chryslers Maximum CAre Warranty good until Feb 0f 2012 0 deductible. I do plan on using them again if I have a problem. If I dimed them out and they gave me a hard time I would just report them and then go to the local news and papers and make it miserable for them. All I need is for Chrysler to tell me that Grava pulled a fast one.

I'm sure the Chrysler does not want to pay for something that was not done and again not on my dime/warranty

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you don't inform Chrysler, the false work will be on your history and will come up on any title search. They made alot of extra money on your warranty. Chrysler will view that when they consider doing "goodwill" for you if it is ever needed. False warranty submission is a very serious offense to the manufactuer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Update to interesting scam

I called Chrysler Maximum Care Warranty.

I asked them to pull my repair record befor I even said anything to the person on the phone. The person tells me that I had the 2 front shocks replaced and starts to tell me about the dash removal and replacing all the evaporator and blend doors re-charging the system. Then he tells me looks like you Left the car on July 22, 2011 and was returned to you on July 27,2011. Well that never happened and I proceded to tell my story of what happen as stated above. I asked if this was being recorded and he said yes it was. So There is an investigation into this and was told it would take 30-45 days to investigate. I was also asked to send a copy of my repair paper work.
I wrote a letter with the repair receipt and stated I will give them 14 days to respond to me or I will file a comlaint with my Local Attorney Generals Office and Better Business Bureau.
I guess I'm in the wating mode. I did ask off the record if he has seen this before and he said no but he might of said that to protect Chrysler and the dealers.
I will try to keep this thread updated if anything important happens.

thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes
I did call Chrysler main office that handles the Warranty and they could give a hoot as far as I'm concerned. The girl told me to take it some where else and see if the dash was pulled and the parts were replaced as stated on the repair bill. I told her the dash would have to be removed and that I would have to pay for that. No way was that gonna happen. I called the Grava Chrysler and talked to the manager and I was told that the work was not done to my car that it was done on another Durango and added to my bill by mistake.
The manager assured me that he called the warranty and told them to remove it and also the regional warranty person was involved and all was to be corrected. I was given a free lube and oil change big deal.
To this day I still feel this was never corrected and I let it end there.

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts