Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm new to this forum moreless trying to get some answers and whereabouts of the 3rd gen Durango RT's. I currently own a 07 Charger RT Daytona (Plum Crazy). Born and bread a Mopar fan.

But I'm ready to buy a 2011-2012 Durango RT in Black. I swear every dealership I've been in contact with on the entire East Coast from Maryland to Florida doesn't have one. I live in Richmond, VA and looking for a Black RT RWD w/ Leather, Tow Package and Sunroof. That's all I need and the wife, kid and I will be happy campers.

Can someone help with the explanation of why this color is so rare. It's not Plum Crazy, just black. One salesman mentioned that the Tsunami in Japan last year is the cause for some lack of colors. All I see out there are Bright Silver, Redline and Stone White. And then had the nerve to say I can get a Durango Heat with the same look, just different motor. No disrespect to the V6 owners, but if I wanted something slow, I'd get the Fiat 500..........

And no, the CrewLux or Citadel isn't an option.I want what I want. No chrome grill, and other gizmos. Black RT w/ Hemi.

Durango Fam, please help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2011 Black R/T

I have one in Blackberry Pearl, hemi, leather interior & sunroof The Dealer said they are limiting the production of the R/T model when I picked it up in May there were only 7 on the eastcoast
Good luck finding one

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ended up getting the R/T in mineral gray here on the west coast. I only found this model at 1 dealership in so cal and all 3 of the cars on the lot were the same with the black leather interior/red stitching, no sunroof or dvd system, but has the tow package and everything else the Citadel comes with. I wanted the Blackberry, but couldn't even find one.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The tsunami definitely had an effect on the output of the black vehicles for quite awhile. Combine that with the fact that the R/T's likely have one of the lowest production on the Durango. A black 2011, this late in the model year, with the options you want, will certainly be a tough one to find. You may have to either order your dream 2012 Durango yourself or hope someone has what your looking for coming in sooner. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. I'd really like to see the RT in Blackberry Pearl. I really did like that color also. It really caught my eye on the Citadel model. Can someone post pics of the Blackberry Pearl RT. Again thanks, and looks like I'll special order a 2012.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Blackberry was a really nice color. Apparently just not nice enough to keep it around for the 2012 models. So if ya want one start searching the 2011's, otherwise go get yourself that black 2012 that you know you want! :D

And out of curiosity, I searched within 200 miles of my home in S FL and came up with exactly 1 black R/T. The most popular were silver and mineral gray. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Blackberry Pearl R/T 2011

I know of 3 that are here on Long Island NY Blackberry Pearl Hemi Black Leather H/D tow package Sunroof etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts