Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
That looks really good - did you do it yourself or bring it somewhere? Did you have the springs cut or did you purchase a kit, if a kit, which one and how does it ride?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Re: 2" & 2-1/2" drop

That looks really good - did you do it yourself or bring it somewhere? Did you have the springs cut or did you purchase a kit, if a kit, which one and how does it ride?
The Front I had to cut 1 full coil off the very top(but it doesn't quite sit right on the top rotating cup rubber insulator now because the coil is tappered at each end. The bottom of the front coils must NOT be cut, or it will not mount to the lower strut plate, it's tappered). And the rear is tappered at the top and bottom of the coil as well when we removed it, so we could not cut it period, or it will not mount properly into the surface of the frame or the suspension arm, if that makes sense. So I hate to say this, but we heated the rear coils. We heated the "very top coil turn flat only", so it is supported by the rest of the coil pack, and so there is no weight on the heated area that could crack under pressure(if that makes sense as well.) I know this sounds Ghetto, but I couldn't wait till someone out there decides to build us a Cool Spring Kit...LOL! The ride is firm, but not entirely un-comfortable with 7 passengers and luggage(did a 600 mile Turkey-Day road trip). It handles bitchen too!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks really sick, just super hesitant about cutting my own springs. I have been waiting for Mopar or anyone to come out with a lowering kit for it, but to no avail, so until then, seems that I am stuck with stock

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2011 crew W/Hemi
Lowered 2.25" Front &
2.50" rear.
I want to lower the rear down another 1.25" still lookin at what I need to mod to accomplish this

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sprint booster it's helps with better throttle response as well as a chip to on the ECU. I went with 2.5" piping no H no X with Rez delete with flowmasters...
If that's not enough then look into a different gear ratio. Hope hat helps a lil

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks awesome. Dying to do this to mine but have ZERO interest in doing the work myself. Any idea what it should cost to have a place do it for me???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts