Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So I’m new at all this so I have some questions. So in my Durango I created the loud tick. Was told my lifters have failed and my cam is getting wore. So I took it all apart and inspected and clean everything to find out there is no problems. I put it all back together. The timing moves but I was positive I had it lined up. So it’s together and when I start it it’ll turn over fire up and miss like crazy. I can’t even give it gas. Once it popped through the throttle body and my wife said there was some smoking. I don’t really know cause I couldn’t see. Anyways it will still start missing like crazy idle for a minute and then die. Then I have to turn it over a few times and then same thing. My question is do you guys think my timing might be off?
Thank you in advanced tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the same boat right now I had a misfire in my number 6 cylinder so I pulled the plugs the number 6 cylinder had oil build-up on it I changed all the plugs had to pull obviously the upper intake manifold to get to the other 3 and put it back together and now there's a ticking noise misfire app miss fire after runs for a couple seconds and then it's given AP0103I believe in P0303 for the code I'm at a complete stall right now I have no idea what to do any help would be great . By the way I have a 2017 Durango SXT with the V6 The new pentastar 3.6 l with 49000 miles

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the same boat right now I had a misfire in my number 6 cylinder so I pulled the plugs the number 6 cylinder had oil build-up on it I changed all the plugs had to pull obviously the upper intake manifold to get to the other 3 and put it back together and now there's a ticking noise misfire app miss fire after runs for a couple seconds and then it's given AP0103I believe in P0303 for the code I'm at a complete stall right now I have no idea what to do any help would be great . By the way I have a 2017 Durango SXT with the V6 The new pentastar 3.6 l with 49000 miles
I stand corrected it's AP0108 and it's manifold absolute pressure critical critical high

1 - 5 of 5 Posts