Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just picked up my new 2021 durango rt. Have it for 2 days and today I get the following message appear every time I start the car.

I called unconnect and they are unable to help. Told me to go to the dealer. Anyone can suggest how to maybe disable the wifi? Or anything else that can help without going to the dealer.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey

It got fixed on its own the following day. Hasn't given me a problem since. But my previous 2018 model was much better than the 2021. Hopefully your 2022 is just as good as my 2018 was. These covid cars were made like shit.

·
Registered
2022 Dodge Durango SRT
39 Posts
Hey

It got fixed on its own the following day. Hasn't given me a problem since. But my previous 2018 model was much better than the 2021. Hopefully your 2022 is just as good as my 2018 was. These covid cars were made like shit.
Please don't say that !! The 22 we looked at on the lot was pretty solid. Paint and body gaps all good, the interior looked good as well. These are made on the same production line as the Jeep Grand Cherokee so hopefully we will get a Tuesday through Thursday car LOL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My guess is, since everything is opening back up there are more people working and cars that are made now are better. But definitely not while everything was closed. My buddy and I both got the 2021 models and the transmission is terrible on it. You feel the downshift and upshift. Don't want to bore you with the problems hahah. But in any case. Good luck. Let us know how the truck is when you get it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Everyone, I got my COVID TnG last year in June 2021. Ordered it the end of April 2021 even made changes to the build after the order got to the factory. So far this is the best new vehicle I have ever had in 57 years of driving. Have not found a single defect yet. Some have had issues blamed on COVID era builds but I can honestly say mine was built very well. BTW, my last job before retiring in Feb 2020, was managing a 5,000 + vehicle/equipment fleet. So, I have seen literally thousands of new vehicles before going into service and also dealt with warranty/dealer/manufacturing defects etc. When I started with this company they were 90% Ford, 5% GM, 5% other & a few Dodge Mini Vans. The worst was Ford. After 8 years, I finally got them to consider RAM's and the first 5500's with Cummins convinced them to finally try some 1500's. The guys in the field were beside themselves with the new RAMS. Quality of the builds, materials and performance were so far above what they were used to, Rams became the go-to brand for the company. Most of the management changed from F150's and Explorers to RAM's, Jeep GC and Durango's.
I know we rarely hear from satisfied owners and people that are genuinely impressed with their possessions, and almost always hear from the people with issues. This can leave us with the impression that there are inherent problems with whatever the vehicle is. I just wanted to say that my experience has been positive with Dodge and other Chrysler vehicles has been great. The last thing I am going to say is, that many of the questions/complaints I see on this, and other forums could be handled by the complainer simply reading the owners manual and/or contacting the dealer. Having worked with dealers of all brands nationwide and even some in Canada and PR, that the vast majority of them are good solid business' dedicated to customer satisfaction. In the rare case of a dealership service department NOT attending to our complaint, a phone call or email to the owner(s) of the dealership was usually enough to get the issue resolved. If that didn't work, the manufacturers stepped in and made sure we were happy.
This is a great forum and I enjoy reading of other owners experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts