Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 durango and I was taking care of a water leak issue. When I was putting the bracket that holds the Alt. and the AC Pump back on there was a small spark. not it turns over but will not start, I am racking my brain and I know this is something stupid I must have overlooked. Any help offered would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
turmover prob

I also have a 99 with same engine, mine runs great but a few weeks ago, did the same thing, ended up having it towed to the garage, it sat there all day, mechanic went to look at it, popped right off. He couldn't find prob.
Today it did it again. I searched and found it can be with it's either chilly or damp, the ignition coil acts up.
On mine, they unhooked the battery cable, left off for a few min, put back on, it started right up.
Time for a diff vehicle for me!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I would check the ignition coil before I replaced the PCM.
I'm curious why you didn't disconnect the battery before you removed the alternator.

G

·
98junk says replace the computer. Don't you need to reprograme it if you replace it. Also how do you know if the new one has problems? I guess for $21 it doesn't matter a new one is $700.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issues with a '99 with a 5.2L I have replaced the pcm three times over the life of the vehicle. Once with the factory correct one at $700 and twice with mail orders ones that were flashed prior to my receiving them. All worked for awhile, then when it gets hot(normal operating temp but outdoor temps over 80) it happens again. Once I let it cool down for 10 minutes I'll get a check engine light with the key on. Once I see that and know the computer is communicating again, it starts right up.

I'm baffled...I want to get rid of the thing, but my wife loves her Durango!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.