Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

About to order a new Citadel

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  alphaman 
#1 ·
I'm going to order my wife the Citadel Hemi AWD in Feb and we should take delivery in July. I'm from Buffalo but live in FL so i was wondering how the stock tire handle wet conditions (FL) and the snow and ice (Buffalo). Just wondering if i had to stash some money away for better rubber.

#2 ·
I have a '12 R/T. We had a bit of snow here, (not much by Buffalo standards), about 6 inches. No problem, the stock tires with the awd mapping did a terrific job. I went over Snoqualmie pass to Seattle, roads were compact snow and ice, traction tires required, the R/T handled it no problem. Likewise all over Seattle with a bit of ice on the roads, (Seattlites freak when the road is slippery). I bought a set of chains and have yet to pull em out! I cross the pass again this weekend. More adventure. I have had it since Dec. 16 and have 4,400 miles on it!

#4 ·
Thanks for the info. This really puts me at ease. My Sierra 4x4 has Goodyear eagle 2 shoes on it and they are the worst tires i have ever owned. This means i can spend money on new rubber now since i son't have to worry about the wife in her Durango.

Thanks again you guys rock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.