Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a "car hemi" crate motor that i bought for my durango. knowing i had to change the timing cover,intake and manafolds i thought i was up to the task. while removing the durango motor i could see a few more problems, the truck motor has an EGR valve and a temp sensor that is on the block behind the waterpump and the car motor does not have ether. does anyone know a way of instaling the EGR and temp sensor in the car motor?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Are they the same size motor? I'm curious because my 06 6.1 Hemi doesn't have EGR. But my wife's 06 5.7 Hemi does. Well, it did. I removed it and blocked the hole.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are they the same size motor? I'm curious because my 06 6.1 Hemi doesn't have EGR. But my wife's 06 5.7 Hemi does. Well, it did. I removed it and blocked the hole.
When you removed the egr on your wife's car did the chech engine light stay on?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
When you removed the egr on your wife's car did the chech engine light stay on?
No, I used her Diablo Sport Predator tuner to disable the EGR completely. The computer acts like it never had it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you have any issues with getting an inspection sticker on the wifes car? i live in MA and they dont use the "sniff test" they plug into the cars computer.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
The county I live in doesn't do emissions testing. So it isn't an issue for me. I'm not sure how it would show up if they check through the computer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the EGR possibly went away after the 08 or 09 models.
i can see you have a challenger....the crate motor i have i am told is from a 2009 challenger. when you get a chance, can you please check the part number on your valve cover to see if it is the same as mine po4892457ja? it would be a big help, i just want to be sure of the fitment.

thanks, bryan

·
Registered
29 Posts
here is the 07 Maintenance manual parts list for the 5.7L head and cover. Not sure what your looking for actually

Attachments

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
2,554 Posts
i can see you have a challenger....the crate motor i have i am told is from a 2009 challenger. when you get a chance, can you please check the part number on your valve cover to see if it is the same as mine po4892457ja? it would be a big help, i just want to be sure of the fitment.

thanks, bryan
Sent a pm to you yesterday.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok made it threw a lot of issues untill i pulled the timing cover. the motor i have has vvt...... i am going to try and use the timing set from the Durango but not feeling good about it. If anyone has a work-around please chime in!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts