Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

Blackout my 2013 Durango

7K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Tymont 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 2013 Black Durango that has a chrome package on it. I'd REALLY like to blackout the grille, ft & back appliques and both side chrome rocker moldings.

Local body shops say they can't help me. Local Dodge dealers don't know what I mean by "blacktop" or "blacktop parts". I was told in another Dodge forum to use vinyls, but the guy lives too far away and again no one around here seems to do that. Don't want to pay a lot... and if replaced, I would like to sell or trade my chrome parts. I live near the Niagara Falls/Rochester NY area

Any thoughts? THX

#4 ·
vinyl wrap will look like crap on the grill after a few thousand miles of driving, not to mention all of the seams. You are better off removing it and putting on another painted part. I am in the same process, but am changing from white to black. I am trying to find aftermarket or individual parts for the grill, which is a PITA. I would not recommend painting over the chrome as the paint most likely will not stick even with proper prep and adhesion additives, etc. I would sell yours on ebay and pick up an OEM primer part from Dodge.

#7 ·
Have you considered plasti-dip?
It's a simple spray on and looks great. And if you get tired of it, simply peel it off.
There's a thread on here of a guy that did it to his grill and badges. Looks awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.