Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Dodge Durango Limited. I was driving down the road & its been raining all week. While I was driving down the road all the dashboard lights started going crazy dinging on and off flashing & the gauges were jumping. We've replaced the altenator & battery cables & tested the battery and everything is good in that area. Has anybody had this problem? Could you give me any insight on what could be the problem? Some codes came up off the dash. I'll list them on here incase anyone knows what they mean.

The codes are : U110C, U0001, U0141, U1411, U110E ( I'm thinking they were all U's. I couldn't make it out 100% for sure but it looked like U's).

Any insight would be helpful!!! Thank you & God Bless.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I moved your thread to the proper forum to help get better exposure.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
U110C - No Fuel level bus message
U0001 - High speed CAN communication
U0141 - Lost communication with Body Control Module A
U1411 - Implausable Fuel Volume Signal
U110E - Lost ambient temperature message

Looks like you have a CAN bus issue. Sounds like you might have gotten water in your Body Control Module connections. I would disconnect the battery, remove each connection one at a time from the PCM and BCM and spray them with WD40. Allow them to dry for a few minutes then reconnect them and see if it helps.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Gotta love wikipedia....
The onboard computer, or Powertrain Control Module (PCM),is the brains of the engine control system, so when the brain is not functioning correctly neither is the engine or anything else that the microprocessor controls - which may include the charging system, transmission, various emission controls and communications with other onboard control modules.

Typically in a car the BCM controls the power windows, power mirrors, air conditioning, immobilizer system, central locking, etc. The BCM communicates with other on-board computers via the car's vehicle bus, and its main application is controlling load drivers – actuating relays that in turn perform actions in the vehicle such as locking the doors or dimming the salon overhead lamp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts