Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am thrilled to find this forum! I have been loving my 99 Durango SLT for years now! In 2001 I was a divorced gal with a Sebring vert, both my boys were grown and off to the Navy when I met and married a wonderful hard working man with 3 little kids. We got them every other weekend and some holidays.

The problem was my husband had a F150 extended cab which was his work truck and I had the vert. Going anywhere with all 3 kids was a challenge, we always had to take the truck as the vert only had seat belts for 4.
It didn't take long to realize that we needed a family vehicle. My husband started eye balling the convertible and saying words like SUV, minivan and Ford. I was horrified by the last two words and told him if my beautiful Sebring had to be replaced we would be shopping at the Chrysler dealership that my family had dealt with for as long as I could remember.

I had always owned sports cars and knew that I wanted something sporty. When I saw that shiny silver mist Durango sitting up high on its big white raised letter tires I walked straight to it. It was a local trade with only 32k, 4x4 and the selling point for my husband was the 5.9 under the hood. I drove it home that day. Been in love ever since. It now stands at 134k. Lots of life left. My only general complaint about my truck in the last 10yrs is the gas mileage.

One day about 2 yrs ago the ol F150's motor gave out. We went truck shopping and my husband, a die hard Ford fan, bought a Dodge Ram van for work and he has now been converted to a die hard Dodge fan. I knew it was coming, every time he had to go anywhere other than work he took the Durango instead of the F150.

I did miss the Sebring and the wind in my hair. So we found another 1st gen. that was lady driven with low miles. It sits patiently waiting in the garage for warm weather as I type this.

Friday night we were on our way to have dinner, we live in the Ozark mountains far back in the boonies. As we rounded a curve through the woods a deer launched itself right into the drivers side front corner. Don't know where it went after that. It bent the bumper in a bit and put a large grade A egg shaped dent right above the headlight. Im pretty angry at Bambi and am thinking about inviting hunters to hunt our woods.

So it got me to thinking, since I have to take it to the body shop anyway, I am considering adding some things, kinda jazz it up a little after all these years. Does anyone have experience with the faux hood scoops? Also thinking about some nice chrome wheels to replace the factory (everybody has them) kind that it came with. Also it has plastic running boards and I think the pipe kind really look good. Anyone replacing the plastic kind have any advice? Thanks everyone! Im happy to have found you!!!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Welcome from Texas. It's nice to have you here. Congrats on converting your hubby to Dodge. It was the right thing to do. lol
As for after market rails... there are plenty to choose from. NASTA, Bully, Lund and Westin are probably the best known.
Be sure to let us know what you go with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts