Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I have a 2018 sxt with 35.000 milles, and some weird things have been happening during the last 3 months.
First, after I turn on the car, the radio starts playing normally, but after driving a few meters, the radio reboot and starts again like when I turned the ignition on.
Second, like a month ago I came home, parked, turned the car off, and lock the doors…like usual, but after walking 10 meters towards the entrance of the building where i live I heard some loud music…I came back to the car and the radio was on, the car was off, doors locked and even the screen of the radio was off..
Third and the most concerning issue…today I parked the car as usual, shut it down, wait for my wife to get out of the car and then I locked the car….everything normal so far, but after a couple of hours security from the condo called me to let me know my car was running on the parking lot… I went to the parking lot and it was!!! It was still locked, but running, even the screen said FOB key left the car…
Please some help on this. My car does not have auto start, and should not be shut down automatically if the fob key left the car after a while?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had lots of whacky electrical things happen in my '06 Daytona which were attributed to a bad TIPM. I know I've read lots of instances of bad TIPMs in Journeys, Durangos, and other models, but mostly from around '06 thru maybe 2013 or so. Sort of thought they ironed out most of that by then, but I could be wrong. Your electrical gremlins definitely sound like symptoms of a bad TIPM or the FCM computer associated with it. Would have a dealer or a shop specializing in electrical diagnosis look at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts